Friday, September 20, 2013

7 Quick Takes



--- 1 ---
Last Friday, we had a barbecue dinner date. The weather was perfect and we had a nice walk around the park afterward. 



--- 2 ---
The very next night, we checked out a local festival held every year (I don't think I've missed one yet since moving here!) called SparkCon which celebrates the arts in a very unique way. There were art vendors, food vendors, street performers, a circus (no animals- yay!), and tons of chalk drawings- my personal favorite part. 




--- 3 ---
This week, I think I officially earned my pregnant stripes. One night, I sent Steven out for mini bagels and cream cheese around 9:30 pm. I told him to get strawberry cream cheese because I looked it up and it only had 2.5 grams of sugar per serving. Well, he came back with regular because the only one they had in the store had 5 grams of sugar. I was like "Five grams isn't that bad!!!!" in an emotional, pregnant panic. So, he left to go back and get me the strawberry cream cheese. But halfway to him getting to the store, regular cream cheese starting sounding really good, and strawberry started sounding gross. So I called him and told him to come home. Sorry, dear.

--- 4 ---
Monday we heard the heartbeat which was awesome but entirely too quick... like 15 seconds quick! Then Tuesday night, I think I might have felt the baby. It was definitely not gas, and was a twitchy, non rhythmic feeling low down a little towards the left. I'm just going to say it was the baby so I can be excited! I also grew like crazy this week. I went from wearing mostly regular clothes (just more of the drawstring variety) to needing mostly maternity clothes and having a bump within just a few days. Baby must be getting a lot of work done!

--- 5 ---
I think I need to change my comment settings. I swear, I will never make you type in a captcha code. THEY MAKE ME WANT TO CLAW MY EYES OUT. But I may do the whole "comment must be approved" thing. The reason? I'm getting more and more spam comments. After Lady Gaga left me a sexually explicit comment yesterday, I figured it's time to change things. I mean, you're cool and all Gaga, but just not super appropriate for this blog.

-- - 6 ---
This weekend I'm off to see one of my oldest friends, Jillian, in DC. I'm so excited for girls' weekend! We have lots of things planned that mostly involve food, such as brunches, cupcakes, and coffee (decaf pumpkin spice latte WHAT!?). I'm going to go to Mass at the national basilica before heading home Sunday and can't WAIT to see it in person!!! 

 --- 7 ---
Super lame Friday question: actually you get this week off ;). I was asking a question about blender recommendations because mine was holding food in this tiny space and it was SO SO SO gross once I realized it. I couldn't get it apart and I was ready to trash the whole thing. Yeah, Steven came home, twisted the bottom, and the blender came apart. So it's clean now and I'm drinking a smoothie right this very minute. YAY!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for clean blenders! Have a blast in DC. Your cream cheese story makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in DC! That has got to be so awesome hearing your babies heartbeart! Love the story about the cream cheese too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cream cheese thing cracks me up!! So exciting that you may have felt the baby move!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cream cheese thing cracks me up!! So exciting that you may have felt the baby move!!! :)

    ReplyDelete