Monday, August 19, 2013

Dear Baby: Letters to Our Future Child #9

This is the 9th letter in a series of letters I have been writing to our future child as we go through the process of dealing with subfertility/infertility that began in January. If you want to read the others, simply click the "Dear Baby Series" tag at the bottom of this post. 




Dear Baby, 06/23/2013

Here I am again in the 2 week wait. Or in mommy’s case, the 17 day wait. I have been feeling SO UPBEAT this month! All that praying for peace has really paid off. I think going on a wonderful vacation with daddy, your grandparents, aunts and uncles really helped too. We went on a fantastic cruise to Alaska and just got to relax, enjoy, and explore. Daddy and I both really needed it!! It was nice to step away from normal life for a bit. If I have to have surgery, I’m ok with it. I’m so ready to have you, but I keep reminding myself that it’s God’s will and plan, not mine.

Last night Daddy and I talked about what we’d call you when we find out about you. You know, like a little nickname since we won’t find out your gender (if you come to us biologically). We threw around a few different ideas and then came upon the perfect one... Penny. Sounds girly, I know, but a penny is the smallest form of... wait for it.... Cash :). And you will be the smallest form of your mommy and daddy, Stacy and Steven Cash.

Love you little baby,


Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey. I have been and will continue to be praying for you. I LOVE the nickname. Do you guys watch the Big Bang Theory? The main female character is Penny. Look up on YouTube, "Penny, Penny, Penny" - it is on going gag when the neighbor knocks on her door. They even made a t-shirt for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO sweet. And Penny is the perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete