Sunday, March 31, 2013

What I Wore Sunday/OTI: Easter

Double link up alert! Woot! I feel like I'm breaking a rule... but I'll drown the feeling with another Cadbury egg.

Camp Patton


I thought I'd link up today since I wore something outside of my normal 3 Mass outfits!

First, here is what my church wore:

Our parish isn't nearly as big and fancy as our previous one, but I still love it! I got a tiny bit emotional when I saw the Easter lilies, because last year when we walked the cathedral for our rehearsal, the altar was still covered in Easter lilies from Easter Sunday the week before. They still looked good, so the wedding committee wanted us to have them there for our wedding. So anyway, seeing these today choked me up a tiny bit. We went to the later Mass so we could find our baskets, go through them, and make resurrection rolls. This meant we ended up at the kiddie Mass, which was fine since we got to watch the 3-4 year old choir sing. *SO CUTE*

And here's what I wore!
Oh, what are those, you ask? Those are the from scratch Peeps cupcakes I made for my in laws get together after church today. The frosting turned out to be better suited to cookies, but everyone raved about them (and the kids loved the peeps), so mission accomplished! It was the first time I ever contributed to the meal at the extended family get together, so I was nervous, and very relieved that they were tasty!

Outfit details:
Cardigan is Merona brand from Target. So worn out, but I love it.
Pants are also Merona brand from Target. They grow a size throughout the day, which turned out to be really helpful.
Shirt.... I'm not sure. I've worn it like, maybe once? I love it, so I don't know why I have kept it buried! I usually don't wear this much color but I had a lot of fun in it today, so maybe I should branch out!

Happy Easter!

Now let's get our party on for *50 days*!!!!

Check out Fine Linen & Purple for more awesome outfits!

13 comments:

  1. the 50 days from Easter to Pentecost just freaked me out because I had no idea about that - it's 50 days from Passover to Shavuot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The in between period is called the counting of the omer, and in the modern absence of barley and wheat offerings, we just count down the days to mark it and then celebrate on Shavuot. Is there a similar countdown type process to Pentecost?

      Delete
    2. Our in between is called Easter :). It's not just one day... it's the whole season until the Pentecost and then it goes back to ordinary time.

      Delete
    3. Oh wow, that is so cool!!!

      Delete
  2. You must have planned matching your shirt to your Peep-cakes. It couldn't have just happened that perfectly...could it? You look great, Stacy, and I love the lily story; that's such a gift! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I totally didn't plan the peeps and the shirt, but I did laugh when I also noticed that I match the table cloth!

      Delete
  3. We also got married using the Easter flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you two love birds. So sweet. Happy, Happy Easter!! Love the next 50 days...LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have never really celebrated Easter past Easter day, so I'm excited!

      Delete
  5. I love that top. That much color really suits you, and you can absolutely pull it off! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really should experiment with color more. I wear a LOT of black.

      Delete
  6. Those cupcakes are sweet! Perfect for Easter. And I love the color in your outfit!

    ReplyDelete