Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Five Favorites



I thought I would link up with Moxie Wife about 5 of my favorite things! Notice I said "5 of" and not "my 5 favorite" because asking me to choose just 5 things is like telling a kid at Christmas to just open one present. 

1.
This gender neutral nursery is one of the very first things I pinned. Yes, my wedding did not entice me to join pinterest, but planning for our future hypothetical baby did! It has also been my most popular re-pin. I don't love orange. At all. But hubs does, and I won a quilt at an auction a few years ago that is perfect nursery size and is green, yellow, and orange. So this nursery just calls to me!


2.
This is seriously my favorite cleaner. Water, vinegar, and essential oil (I use sweet orange), shaken once before every use. The scent of vinegar only lingers a few seconds, and I've actually come to associate the brief scent with the scent of clean! It works well, is SO darn cheap, and doesn't have all the crazy stuff in it like mainstream household cleaners. 

3.
With our one year anniversary coming up (oh my, so much to blog, so little time!), I am feeling extra sentimental about our wedding pictures. My living room and bedroom are heavily decorated with wedding photos, and I love seeing them all the time! I have lots of favorites, but this is one of them. 

4. 
I thought I'd add a favorite of Steven's in here. He likes almost everything I've made from pinterest, but I think this recipe was his hands down favorite. We homemade the meatballs, but not the bread. Since it was 11 points, it will be a rare treat (because I can't just eat half of one). Drool-tastic! 

5. 
I'm not schooled on copyrighting, so there is no picture to go along with this one. You'll just have to trust me and click over for yourself. This website is my all time favorite site for recipes. It is my go-to source and easily 75% of our recipes come from here. DELISH and so good for you! On Monday I made the refried beans and whole wheat tortillas. They are sooo much more filling than the store version!


Thanks for joining me for my 5 favorites, and be sure to head over to check out the other posts in the link up! 





7 comments:

  1. I have seen a lot on these homemade vinegar cleaner's...so you can use them on anything to clean in the home???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it on everything... counters, floors, bathrooms, even electronics. BUT you probably shouldn't use it on electronics lol. I would imagine you shouldn't use it on wood.

      Delete
  2. Those subs look delicious. And I cannot believe it's almost been a year for you! Which means mine is right around the corner.. aaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; it is going to be your wedding day before you know it!

      Delete
  3. Where do you buy essential oils? I need to get some and I have no idea where to buy them! (I want to make little smelling jars for Lulu)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought my current one on Whole Foods, but I know a lot of people get them online. It is a pretty teensy bottle for about $4.50 but it lasts a REALLY long time.

      Delete
  4. That's the recipe I use for my all-purpose cleaner, too! LOVE. :)

    ReplyDelete