Friday, April 26, 2013

7 Quick Takes


--- 1 ---
I have been in a generally fantastic mood this week. It's amazing what a little fresh air and vitamin D will do for a girl. I've been walking, working in the yard, and sitting in the porch. Any time I feel too lazy for any of those activities (yes, sometimes the thoughts of getting off the couch and moving to the porch are daunting), I remind myself of the sunshine high I am left with. Gosh, I love spring! Edited to add: Dude, Thursday totally ruined the first sentence of this take, but I'm too lazy to think of a new one.

--- 2 ---
I planted some kind of flower in the little gardens around our two front yard trees. I want to take a picture to share but, due to my lack of photography skills, I can't get a shot without someone's car in it, which really ruins the image I'm after. So just picture two, pretty green trees (well... one has some dead branches at the top, but I would have cropped that out, so pretend I didn't mention it). Ahem, so two green trees each with 6 purple, velvety flowers of which I can't remember the name around the base. And since I am still obsessed with our wedding colors a year later, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have a purple and green themed garden!
--- 3 ---
So far so good with the chiropractor. I've completed two weeks worth of visits (so 6 visits) and I get a weird satisfaction out of hearing my bones pop and crack. I've noticed that it hurts a bit to sit without proper posture, where before it was the opposite, so I'm trying to keep my posture up so I'm not working against the adjustments. I'm nerdily excited about the workshops he offers and I have a feeling I'll be taking more than the required quarterly amount. The first two I want to sign up for are Lowering Your Blood Pressure Naturally ('cause CoQ10 ain't touchin' it so far!) and Sleep Habits because I want to have my pillow evaluated. Yes, my chiropractor does pillow evaluations.

--- 4 ---
Last night, I started attending a Bible and Saint study on courageous women. I'm really excited about it, but also bummed because attending means I'll miss the first summer concert in our neighborhood in May. At first I thought I'd just skip that session so I could go to the concert, but it's only 9 weeks and I'm already missing one for our cruise. Plus Steven will be in a 4 week long men's group during that time and I definitely don't want him missing 1 out of 4 sessions to go to the concert. I might sniffle as I drive out of the neighborhood that night and hear Amanda Daughtry crooning. I kind of love her.

--- 5 ---
If you want to read something awesome about NFP, here you go. I love things that are made for a wider audience than just Catholics because, like the article says, ovaries aren't Catholic!

--- 6 ---
This weekend we have a double date planned at Red Lobster with Steven's best friend and his wife. I am SO SO SO excited. We don't do it nearly enough, and also don't have nearly enough couple friends. It is so refreshing to have a couple to hang out with, rather than one of us playing 3rd wheel (which we don't mind... but coupledom is always more fun!).
--- 7 ---
I got a couple great blog recommendations last week, and I thought it might be fun to ask a question each week because who doesn't love learning new things? Don't feel pressured to answer it, but if you want to contribute I'd love to! This week's question: what is your top go to recipe? Don't just give me the name, because I might want to make it :). Mine is probably Italian Crockpot Chicken, which is kind of cheating since I've posted it before, but it's been a while.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

9 comments:

  1. I agree - there's something about being outside that just lifts your mood!

    Have fun on your double date! It's always fun to hang out with other couples!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make chicken fajitas/tacos as much as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chicken ranch tacos that I make in the crock pot. Delicious.
    Have fun on your date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turkey tacos, or pasta with chicken (any type of pasta, chunks of chicken, broccoli, olive oil, seasonings of your choice, garlic, sprinkled with parmesan cheese)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pillow evaluations! I'm so intrigued! My go-to is a lemon chicken soup that's so simple; we almost always have chicken tenders in the freezer or buy a whole chicken to make stock every few weeks, so it's easy to have almost everything on hand. Here's the recipe (it looks much prettier in real life than in the photo!): http://www.food.com/recipe/lemon-chicken-soup-with-orzo-375643 Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken fajitas are our go to. I am curious about the pillow! I use a foam one that I really like. Be sure to keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that article that 'ovaries aren't Catholic'. A very good read, it is quite upsetting how the pharmaceutics companies have a monopoly on the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been loving all these great NFP stories lately too. We've been on a taco kick lately, Mexican is one of our fav food groups!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whenever I have no clue what to make and eating out isn't an option, we make Dragon Noodles. They are delicious and we always have the ingredients on hand. Hopefully this link works and doesn't flag me as spam: http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2012/08/spicy-noodles-204-recipe-102-serving.html We get most of our go-to recipes from that blog!

    ReplyDelete