Friday, April 5, 2013

7 Quick Takes


--- 1 ---
I'm so glad to be back after taking last Friday off for Good Friday. I did quite a bit of posting, so make sure to catch up if you want to!
Here's a recap of what our Easter looked like. I must add that I was slightly sad about the day because it was our last first married holiday! 


Not pictured are the 30 or so relatives we lunched with! Marrying into a big family is a culture shock, but a lot of fun!

--- 2 ---
This month has been the month of unexpected expenses. I'm sure you've all experienced that before! Well... they were mostly unexpected or at least unplanned.... or poorly planned for. We had to replace our giant bedroom window which cost a very pretty penny, our anniversary is coming up and we want to do something special, and we have a road trip coming up. Plus our gardens are in desperate need of a re-mulching, and we've had a few medical costs pop up in the past few weeks. But in true God fashion, a check showed up in our mailbox from our closing attorney's office. It was sizable enough that we called to make sure we were supposed to receive it, which gave the attorney a good laugh. But yep, apparently they were reviewing old accounts and found money that they owed us, that we knew nothing about! It was one of those goosebump type moments, and helped us to breathe a little easier this month.

--- 3 ---
Today my cat is being shaved. I can't wait to share a picture with you. She is going to look RIDICULOUS but she will be rid of her impossible-to-prevent-mats. While she gets shaved, I'll be at a bbq fundraiser for my work. It's only going to be a rough day for one of us.

--- 4 ---
I'm not sure if you've noticed that I've quit talking about health issues/NFP on my blog. I would love to spill all the details, but my husband is uncomfortable with it, and I totally respect that. In a way, I'm a bit uncomfortable with it too since a few 'real life' people read my blog, and I'm not quite ready for real life people (besides family) to know the nitty gritty. Isn't that funny, though? That I'm more comfortable with strangers knowing personal things than my real life friends? Tell me I'm not the only one! I think at some point I will be able to share the journey we are on (no, I'm not pregnant), but this just isn't the right time. I just don't want you to think I'm holding out on you for no reason ;) . I also don't want you to think it's all bad... we got some good test results back this week, so there's that! Writing is very cathartic for me, so I am writing about it, just not publicly. I do appreciate your continued prayers for my general health!

--- 5 ---
Speaking of, I got a groupon for a chiropractor and boy, am I in love! Without knowing my health history, he pinpointed the EXACT health issues I am having after examining my neck and back. I was blown away. And his nurse uses Napro/Creighton! It is the first person I've met in real life at random (not at an NFP event lol) who uses it. We both got nerdily excited and high fived each other. I can't wait to go back.

--- 6 ---
I've talked some about how hard it has been to make friends over the 4 years I've lived in Raleigh. Well, 5 of us from the Women of Grace group I was in from August-January have kept in touch and are now doing monthly dinners out. It is SO nice to have girlfriends in person to chat with again. Even better is that we are all coming from the same faith perspective, which makes for some really wonderful conversations. I love my friends who all live in other places, but phone relationships are not enough! I need face to face action. This is truly an answer to a prayer.

--- 7 ---
 Speaking of our road trip back in the 2nd take, it is TOMORROW! My husband and I make great road trip partners, so the drive itself is even exciting. I got him 5 new Catholic cd's in his Easter basket (plus a Catholic fiction book... for $6 shipped!), so we have plenty of road entertainment, not to mention enough snacks packed to sink a ship. We are heading to New York to go to a reception on Sunday, and will spend Saturday evening and all day Monday with my sister and sister-in-law before driving back Tuesday. I AM SO EXCITED! 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

14 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good time on your road trip! Easter was our last un-married holiday ;)
    And it's great you got sent a check! We were so worried about paying for our wedding and then realized we get a check for taxes. Win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Memorial day will be your first married holiday lol!

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great roadtrip! It sounds like you are well prepared. I am totally the same way about sharing personal things. I don't mind that people I don't know read it, but my family? Weird! Yes, there are ALWAYS hidden house expenses. I am glad that check came through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making me feel less crazy :).

      Delete
  3. It's really great that you consider your husband's thoughts on your blogging--respecting His views and even complying to his requests. Not a lot of wife bloggers out there do that.

    Have fun on your road trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well... I don't know that I considered him much at the beginning, but I realized that since this is completely public, I really need to check with him on things that involve him. I'm an oversharer, so he reigns me in!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, one of my friends growing up had a hairless cat and in like 8 years of spending time at her house, I never once brought myself to touch it! It's been a while, so maybe seeing a picture of your cat will change my mind...I totally know what you mean about feeling more comfortable sharing with strangers than with people you actually know; it's weird, isn't it? I've had a lot of thoughts swirling around about it lately, and for now it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Have a good trip! It sounds like you have plenty of entertainment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL she won't be hairless! They shave her with no guard, but there's still the tiniest bit of fur, so she won't look wrinkly and creepy.... ok so she might still look creepy. I'll let you be the judge of that ;).

      Delete
  5. Have a fun road trip! I hear ya about unexpected expenses...recently I just put out $1300 on my car, those are the things of being an adult I wouldn't mind trading in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are so good about celebrating holidays! I'm jealous!

    Enjoy the road trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that you say that, because I felt like I 'underdid' Easter since we went to see family. But I have plenty of time to correct it :).

      Delete
  7. I need to get some Catholic CDS. I was just thinking that I need to get back into listening to audiobooks while I'm in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that it is hard to share feelings and frustrations when you don't have close friends with whom will be understanding and not judgmental.

    ReplyDelete