Friday, February 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes



--- 1 ---
Have you decorated for St. Valentine's Day yet? We love celebrating it, but in less of a commercial way and more of a saint's feast day... since that's what it is! Check out my post on decorating on the cheap and let me know if you have any good ideas, specifically towards those of us who are less inclined to be crafty!

--- 2 ---
Soo.... the last 3 weeks I have been doing double caseloads at work since my coworker left. Well, we hired someone and she is training today and should be up to full speed by the end of next week. I'm so excited!!! I really like her (which is good since we will be sharing an office when we move) and think she will be a great asset to our agency. Hiring her made my week!

--- 3 ---
Steven was off last Sunday and is also off tomorrow! He was off the two Sundays before last Sunday, too. I am starting to get pretty spoiled. We have a six month follow up with our Creighton instructor, followed by lunch out, and church. Other than that, I think we are just going to take it easy and relax. Since it isn't *that* often that we are off together we tend to either stay out all day doing fun stuff or stay in doing household projects.... sometimes you just need a day to kick back together and be useless. Kind of like this:


--- 4 ---
I finally have something growing, after my first two attempts  were dismal fails last week. The only problem is that I didn't label what I planted where, so I have no clue what is growing. Also, I think I started them too early because I am guessing they will need more room before the last frost. I might have to put them in my big clay planters and wrestle it out in the morning and inside in the evening. The things we do for cheap, organic veggies!

The middle and left front are definitely growing and the right front has a tiny piece of green poking out. I hope the back ones do something! 

--- 5 ---
Today I have Italian chicken in the crockpot waiting for us to get home. It is my best pinterest find yet! I made it a few weeks ago and have been thinking about it ever since- even after eating multiple meals worth of leftovers! I am actually making a bigger batch this time. My secret ingredient is using Trader Joe's balsamic Italian dressing.... OMYUM! It is a must try.

--- 6 ---
I heard some rumor that the Superbowl is this weekend. The only ONLY reason I care about the Superbowl is because, growing up, we had a tradition of having subs that day. So now, I still get a sub every Superbowl Sunday even though I don't have a clue who's playing!

--- 7 ---
TradCat

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

13 comments:

  1. I love that you decorate for Valentine's Day! I am not going to this year because I will be out of town that week for fieldwork, but next year I'll have to use some of your ideas!

    Nice Super Bowl tradition of subs! I only know who is playing because Thomas showed me the Super Bowl Puppy Prediction...where they have a bowl for each team, and the puppies run out to eat from one of them!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Stacy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice when my husband has a Sunday off! This week he has to work, though. And we both honestly thought that the superbowl was last week Sunday! So we thought we were ignoring it at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm, now I'm craving a tuna sub...off to look at that recipe, thanks! i love a good crockpot recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just reading about that Italian Chicken recipe makes me hungry. :) It is great to have a husband off on Sundays, my husband technically has Sundays off, unless he has watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ravens and 49ers :)
    And we're totally eating mini corn dogs and wings. I'm pretty pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your holiday ideas..."Dolla dolla tree, ya'll" totally made my day.

    As a born and bred Maryland girl, even though I don't live there right now, I highly suggest supporting the Ravens while you enjoy your sub =)

    Have a good weekend Stace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, the only thing I like about the Superbowl is the food! I'm lectoring at 5:30 Mass, though, so will I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that you are finding ways to reclaim holidays that have been overly commercialized and marketed so as to lose so much of their meaning. Awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. The italian chicken sounds delicious! One question though - when I make chicken in the crock pot, it always falls apart. Does yours? What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always make a big thing of nachos for dinner on Superbowl night, but subs sound really good. Maybe I'll have to make subs and nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That recipe sounds great - I love me a good crockpot recipe :)
    Also, YAY for hiring someone so your work load isn't CRAZY!!! Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete