Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blogspiration

Can I tell you how excited I am about the scheduled post feature? I don't even know why it excites me so much, but it really does.

Anyway, I have some favorite blogs and thought I'd post where I get my inspiration from. I also have blogs I stalk for no good reason... those won't make it on the list. These are the ones that appeal to either my crunchy/healthy side or my Catholic side. I'm quite sure none of them know I read lol. I comment rarely, as I'm a better lurker. I mean, gatherer of information.

Crunchy/healthy:
www.100daysofrealfood.com
This blog changed my life. No, I'm not being dramatic. I found it one day about two months ago and haven't looked back. It made it practical and almost easy for me to change the way I was eating. I have yet to try a recipe that doesn't taste amazing, and the best part, to me, is that for some reason all the recipes I've tried taste even better out of the freezer. When you cook for two, that's a plus because there are always leftovers. I even make double batches of some things to make it more convenient for me, especially since it's so delicious reheated. I love that she doesn't just provide the recipes, but provides a ton of education. I am still learning so much from it. (By the way, not all the blogs will have this praise or this long of a description... I'm just the biggest fan ever of this one.)

www.pennilessparenting.com
She's super healthy AND she's super frugal. I think I'm in love! I've gotten some yet-to-try inspiration from this blog that is on my to-do list. Plus, I'm fascinated by how her family of 4 (soon to be 5) lives in under 500 sq. ft. HAPPILY. And a bit jealous. I secretly want to be a minimalist. Not happening, but I totally desire that lifestyle.

www.pcosdiva.com
Recipes, information, inspiration, etc. I don't follow this one as obsessively as most, but I like to check it once a week or so. I am super excited to try progesterone cream one day which I learned about from her blog (going to see a naturopath first, and that won't be til after we get married).

www.chasingcheerios.blogspot.com
I like her because she's health conscious and soooo interactive with her kids. I get lots of momspiration from blogs, if you couldn't tell. I like to continuously plan out the type of mothering and parenting I want to do when we start a family so I'm not still trying to figure that out when my future hypothetical 12 year old begins hormonal destruction. But anyway, she has a big focus on creative montessori activities.

Catholic:
www.conversiondiary.com
She's funny, sassy, and has some cool stories.

www.catholicicing.com
I actually went to high school with the author and she was one of my best friends, which makes me feel blog-famous. Then again, I'm a blog nerd. (Did I mention this isn't my first blog? I have a 8+ year old blog, it's just that it's stale and has no direction.) Anyway, I don't have kids but I am super excited to do the crafts on her blog when I do. I always sort of wondered how you could get little kids so excited about something as complex as the Catholic faith but she makes it so simple and intuitive.

www.simchafisher.com
Actually, I don't read her blogs from that website. I read them from National Catholic Register, so I'm not sure if she posts the same thing in both places or not. Like Conversion Diary, she's funny. Actually, she's a riot. But I also like her content a lot.

www.catholicnewlywed.blogspot.com
This was one I found off of Conversion Diary's 7 Quick Takes and I've enjoyed. It's funny because I think she might actually live in Raleigh, but I know she at least lives in NC. She's a young, pregnant, Catholic wife and I like her perspective.

I'm always in need of new ways to waste time in front of the computer, so if you have a blog you love more than chocolate, I'd love for you to share it. Ok, just love it almost as much as chocolate, because otherwise I couldn't post any of the above blogs, and I want to.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the schedule posts feature also! I'm going on retreat next weekend and worked on scheduling all my posts for the week today bc I'm going to be busy/not around most of the week. I also like it bc I feel weird posting at 2am so I schedule it to go out at like 10am instead :)

    I read a bunch of these blogs too :) catholic newlywed actually wrote a guest post on my blog a few weeks ago :) she's real nice.

    Penniless parenting is soo interesting. We can't even live in that little space and we're 3 people. I can't figure out where she lives that she doesn't have a car!

    I also LOVE Catholic Icing. I help my mom out at church with religious education a lot and am always going to her site for fun/interactive activities. Even though most of her stuff is for preschool/elementary school kids I can usually figure out how to upgrade the activities for whatever age kids we're working with.

    ReplyDelete