Friday, November 18, 2011

7 Quick Takes

1. I am ridiculously excited about the Christmas parade tomorrow. I am anti all things Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I have to give in for this because it's too good to miss. I went by myself the first year I lived in Raleigh, and it actually started in front of my apartment building (which was awesome to watch the groups line up, balloon float things get blown up, etc.). I didn't know anyone still, but just walked out my apartment door and set up my camping chair on the sidewalk with my blanket. It was awesome. Last year, one of my friends came up for the weekend and we went together. This year, I was so excited about Steven going but his work schedule got made before I told him to take off. This week, they switched him from open to close so... he can go!! I am giddy like a 5 year old about this parade; it's really fun!

2. Have you ever gone to confession, confessed, been absolved, left feeling great, and then realized the next day that you forgot to confess a mortal sin? I've read mixed things, but most people seem to agree that you are absolved because you had the intention and didn't go in there hiding it, but that you should still go to confession again to confess it. This is why I need prep time before entering the confessional... because going twice in 7 days feels like a bit much lol.

3. I emailed the NFP coordinator today. I'm super antsy for her response back. I have no clue if there is a cost involved and I'm nervous but anxious to find out. We meet with our instructor 5 times in 3 months and then a few times after that just to make sure we're on the right track. I really want to get started, and there are apps for almost every method but the one we are using, so I really can't do anything until we learn it.

4. Why does my cat eat EVERYthing in her sight? I had to pull my book "The Help" away from her yesterday, and she then licked the coffee table legs and glass top. Today I had to take Steven's brand new Sonic comic away from her. It's not like she doesn't have food or toys!!! She might need therapy.

5. I just ate and I'm hungry again. I know it's not true hunger (I can tell a difference in the feeling), but it's not any easier to resist.  And I ate protein first, as I've learned is the best way to keep the blood sugar at bay. Grrrrr.

6.  Do you ever watch a show that bothers you so much but you can't turn it off? That's how I feel with Toddlers In Tiaras on TLC. I can't stand it, yet I can't bring myself to turn an episode off if it comes on after something I was watching. I also have this problem with Real Housewives (though some times, admittedly, I love it) but we are working on cutting that out. It's just not normal.

7. After like 5 weeks of saying I'd do it, I bought Advent candles this week. That means I should have the wreath by next Advent.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I am going to the parade as well! I've heard just such great things about it - I only wish the weather will be nicer than predicted. So cool you live in Raleigh too!

    ReplyDelete