Wednesday, January 29, 2014

35 week update!

How far along are you? 
35 weeks! EEEK!

Total weight gain: 
24.5 lbs as of last week (everything is always a week behind because I turn the next 'week' on Wednesday, but my appointments are on Thursdays!)

How big is baby?:  
 We didn't get a weight guesstimate last week during the ultrasound, but I'm hoping for one this week. My weekly email says 5 1/4 lbs. 

Maternity clothes: 
Nothing much has changed since last week with those.

Stretch marks?:  
Just the one little teeny one sort of on my side. I am super, super surprised. But I can pretty much promise that my stomach will look mauled by a tiger by the time baby arrives ;). 

Sleep?: 
Meh, it comes and goes. I don't remember what a full night's sleep is like, but it's good practice. I've been more tired in the mornings lately, but I think that's more physical exhaustion from growing a person who is encroaching on my lungs!

Best moment this week?:
Steven's family threw us a shower and it was fun spending so much time with his BIG family! There are sooo many little kids, so we got lots of great advice and baby things :).

Another awesome moment was seeing Penny use his/her diaphragm on ultrasound last week. Baby wasn't doing that the week before so the ultrasound tech was really happy to see it. I didn't even know they were looking for it, but it was cool to watch and I was like 'go baby!'.

Movement?: 
We have an incredibly active baby, and I love it, even when it hurts a little! Baby moves all the time and it is so reassuring.

Food cravings?:
Still on a chocolate/sweet kick. Clementines are really helping, but sometimes I just gotta have chocolate milk. Thank Trader Joe's for Organic Midnight Moo syrup!

Food aversions?:
Nuts. I was eating tons throughout most of my pregnancy but lately the thoughts of them turns my stomach a little, so I don't force it.

Labor signs?: 
Soooo many braxton hicks. Last Friday they were so uncomfortable that I had to TIME THEM. Ish is getting real, folks! 

Belly button in or out?: 
Still in, but almost flush.

What I miss: 
Not taking massive amounts of pills each day. Between my blood pressure medicine, thyroid medicine, progesterone pill, progesterone shot, and a gazillion vitamins, I am taking pills ALLLL day long (because I'm convinced that I'll just pee it all out if I take them at once). It'll be nice to cut a few of those out once behbe is here! 

Oh another thing! MY NON PREGNANT FACE! So far no swelling in the hands, feet, legs, ankles... and I was kind of patting myself on the back. But my face, oh my face. It is getting so fluffy! Don't worry; I'm being checked for pre-eclampsia each week. I'm assured this is 'normal'. 

What I'm looking forward to: 
My last day of work. I'll miss my job and my coworkers but I am sooo excited to rest and nest! As much as everything is getting real now, it is going to be SO real when I finish my last day and it's almost BABY TIME! I stop at 37 weeks 2 days and my doctor's initial goal is to get me to 37 weeks. Double eek!

What I'm not looking forward to: 
Nothing major right now. I'm mostly just excited and good-anxious. Maybe the group b strep screening. I've been downing probiotics!

Gender:
I DON'T KNOW BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!!


1 comment:

  1. You're going to love the surprise of finding out the gender when baby is born...it was SO FUN with our boy! :)

    ReplyDelete