Wednesday, January 8, 2014

32 Week Update!

How far along are you? 
32 weeks! Ahhh, I feel like the count down is on! :)

Total weight gain: 
23 lbs. Didn't go up at all between 30 and 31 weeks (over Christmas... what!?), and up a pound between 31 and 32. 

How big is baby?:  
  Well the weekly email says 3 and 3/4 lb but my book says 5 so... guess we'll find out next week at my appointment!

Maternity clothes: 
I broke down and bought a maternity jacket. It is a beautiful wool coat, new with tags, that we found at a consignment store for $25! Steven wouldn't let me leave without it (I stubbornly didn't want to get a coat because who knows if I'll ever be big-pregnant in winter again?), and thank God for him since we've had 2 freezing/below freezing days in the week since! 

Stretch marks?:  
Just the one little teeny one sort of on my side.

Sleep?: 
It's been a little better again this week. I've also been going to bed a little earlier which definitely helps me during the day.

Best moment this week?:
We did our birth class this past weekend and it was SO helpful! I thought it would just be a refresher since we've read ALL THE THINGS, but actually practicing coping/labor techniques with Steven was really awesome and helpful. He was so good at it, too! It made me feel a lot better about the prospect of labor.

Movement?: 
Feet in the ribs this week! The baby is kind of in a "C" position all on my right side, so I keep having to sit straight up in order to be comfortable with those little footsies in my ribcage! We're also enjoying watching my belly dance when Penny moves.

Food cravings?:
Still craving meal foods vs snacks. Steven went to get me brunswick stew tonight and, by the time he was coming home, I was dying for a salad.

Food aversions?:
No peanut butter sandwiches. Chicken breast unless it's in/on something is kinda bleh to me right now.

Labor signs?: 
Not even any braxton hicks yet! Is it weird that I want them? I just like the idea that they prep the cervix so I'm all for that.

Belly button in or out?: 
Continues to disappear but still in. It might make it through after all!

What I miss: 
The last month of not having heartburn. I had it 1st and most of 2nd tri, and now it's back. Yuck! My go to remedy (pickles) haven't even been working. I also miss my ideal birth already. Stupid blood pressure continues to be a big issue so I'm working on being flexible and open to the best things for both me and baby. Annnnd I miss the desire to cook/bake. 

What I'm looking forward to: 
Seeing the baby during the biophysical profile next week. Meeting with our doula again! Getting maternity photos lined up :).

What I'm not looking forward to: 
Another week of sinus issues. I think I'm one of the lucky 30% who will have sinus issues til I deliver! It started about 3 weeks ago and there is no end in sight. What's interesting (to me, anyway) is that the baby is on my right side and it's my right nostril/sinuses that are all blocked up.

Gender:
Still unknown! 




1 comment:

  1. My belly button started getting shallow really fast so I was convinced it would pop out pretty early - but it never did! I kind of wish it had though! But it is forever different than it was before - more wide!

    ReplyDelete