Wednesday, January 22, 2014

34 Week Update

How far along are you? 
34 weeks. Skipped blogging 33, but 34 feels so... substantial!

Total weight gain: 
I think 24 lbs, but my next weigh is tomorrow.

How big is baby?:  
  As of last Thursday, baby was estimated to be 4lb 7oz but I'll get a new number tomorrow! 

Maternity clothes: 
Just got a couple new shirts this week because I'm growing out of the bottom of some of the maternity stuff I've been wearing the last few months.

Stretch marks?:  
Just the one little teeny one sort of on my side.

Sleep?: 
It's been a little better again this week. Except when I have heartburn. Which no longer correlates to food (except chocolate) so I can't do much to prevent it at bed time.

Best moment this week?:
Meeting with our doula was amazing, seeing the baby's hair last week was super cute, and getting our maternity photos plus the date that followed was good, too! It was just a good overall week :).

Movement?: 
Apparently all these uncomfortable rib jabs are because baby has long legs, which is funny since neither mommy nor daddy are particularly tall. I have to count to 5 kicks and write down how long it takes, and if I don't get 5 in an hour, I have to start back over. More times than not, Penny kicks 5 times before 5 minutes is even up! 

Food cravings?:
Salads, chocolate (even though it gives me horrible heartburn), Moe's as always.

Food aversions?:
This week I haven't been feeling eggs. Sorry Brewer's Diet.

Labor signs?: 
Braxton hicks (I know that's not really a labor sign but humor me)! It took me a while to figure out what they were, so I'm not sure how long I've been having them. The baby sometimes moves and creates pressure, so I thought that's what it was. Then it dawned on me that my stomach was hard towards the top from left to right, and baby does not take up all that horizontal space! I get them every few days for about 10 minutes at a time.

Belly button in or out?: 
Still in, but almost flush.

What I miss: 
Cuddling my hubby. The body pillow is a dream for sleeping, though! I bought the Snoogle a while back and hated it, but my body pillow is just perfect for supporting my belly, knees, and ankles! I know both of us will be glad when I trade the body pillow back in for hubby snuggles :).

What I'm looking forward to: 
Seeing the baby again tomorrow, and the shower my husband's family is throwing us on Sunday! And after that, we can SHOP (like I haven't already- haha!) for the last things we need.

What I'm not looking forward to: 
Packing a hospital bag to start taking with us on our weekly appointments (because if anything is wrong, it's off the the hospital we go and the hospital is 45 minutes from home). But I want to have it if we need it, even though I want Penny to stay in there and grow many more weeks! 

Gender:
Still unknown! I got my first girl guess the other day; everyone else still says boy!


Sneak peek!



No comments:

Post a Comment