Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dear Penny: Letters to our Child #17

I'm trying to play a bit of catch up so I can post these in 'real time'! As an update to the letter below, my levels have been decent since 18 weeks and I'm no longer a crazy person. It is SO NICE to just enjoy this pregnancy finally! For the complete series of letters to our baby from pre-conception til now, click on the "Dear Baby Series" tag!







Dear Penny, 09/25/2013


I felt you kick for SURE on Monday night! I thought I felt you last week, but Monday night really felt like the real thing. Daddy and I were laying in bed talking when I started feeling a light thumping deep inside. It was further in than I expected (*ahem* probably due to my pre-existing fluff) and was so bizarre! It felt like someone was poking me from the inside… which I guess you kind of were :). I can’t wait until I’m far enough along that I feel you everyday. It will do my anxiety good! My progesterone levels dropped a bit at 14 weeks and even more at 16… which is the time when they should have gone UP due to my placenta helping out. The risks make me so scared. I feel like I’m never ‘out of the woods’ about losing you. I don’t get that “ahhh second trimester” sigh of relief. You HAVE to have progesterone to survive, and that is so scary. My doctor upped my oral dose, so we will see on Tuesday if that helps at all. I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Today I may have felt hiccups. It was rhythmic but really, really fast (like twice as fast as my pulse). Any day I feel something makes me feel so much better! I’m again counting down until we get to see you on ultrasound. Two and a half weeks. Grow, grow, grow Penny and drink up that progesterone. Mommy and Daddy love you so much and already can’t imagine life without you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment