Sunday, November 10, 2013

Dear Penny: Letters to our Child #16

For the complete series of letters to our baby from pre-conception til now, click on the "Dear Baby Series" tag!



Dear Penny, 08/21/2013




Penny, we had SUCH an amazing day yesterday. Our 12 week ultrasound was scheduled for 9:15 am. I didn’t feel that nervous, and luckily have felt SO peaceful these past 2 weeks. But I knew I was nervous because my stomach was a MESS. We didn’t have to wait long to start the ultrasound, thankfully. As soon as the doctor started, he pointed out your flickering heart. You were very still, but I immediately knew everything was ok. After just a few seconds of looking around at you, you started moving your legs and kicking! Then a minute or two later, you were sticking your arms out in front of you. That was seriously one of the best moments of my entire life. We weren’t allowed to take a video of it, but we got a few good pictures. You measured 11w4d at 11w6d but the ultrasound can be up to a week off by that point. The doctor had no concerns, and mommy and daddy were THRILLED. We had to take a minute and just hug when it was over because we had so many emotions running through us. We both called our moms on the drive home to let them know the good knews and shared pictures with family by text message right away.

We decided not to announce you on facebook til today since Daddy had to work last night, but we both told our coworkers. I called my coworkers together and said I had show and tell. They saw me holding an envelope of pictures (Daddy printed them on photo paper so they’d be durable and we’d have copies), and they thought I brought cruise pictures, so you can imagine how fun it was to pull your picture out! Everyone was so excited and gave me hugs. It was nerve wracking sharing something that big, but so fun too!

Today when mommy got home from work, we let the whole world (via facebook of course!) know about you and we have been enjoying seeing all the ‘likes’ and comments rolling in! We have such great, supportive family and friends. Celebrating your life is so much fun, little baby.

Can’t wait to finally hear that sweet heartbeat in 4 weeks!!!! Stay safe and healthy in there.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment