Friday, September 21, 2012

7 Quick Takes


--- 1 ---
So um, this week we celebrated our 5 month anniversary. By 'celebrated', I mean we saw each other for about 5 minutes when I got home from work and Steven left,  and he remembered it all by himself, and we hugged. Anyway, then it hit me that I still never wrote about our honeymoon. I'm so lame! It was such an amazing trips and I have tons of pictures. So now my goal is to have that ready by our 6 month anniversary.

--- 2 ---
Speaking of lameness, I haven't yet started our scrapbooks either. That's plural because I have shower pictures, rehearsal dinner, bridesmaid sleepover, getting ready, wedding, reception, AND honeymoon pictures. So I did print out all the pictures and buy some awesome sale scrapbooks, but that's as much as I've done. My goal is to have them done by our first anniversary, because I'm pretty sure it won't happen at all if I don't get it done by then. So far, it's looking like I will show everyone our wedding pictures on the computer for the rest of our life.

--- 3 ---
This week I watched the entire season of "Bridalplasty" on Netflix. Yes, it's what it sounds like. Yes, I'm ashamed. Now that it's out in the open, I feel better.

--- 4 ---
Couch to 5k update: So I went to the orthopaedist because of my ankle pain. He thinks it's not my ankle at all but a bone spur on each foot that I'm jamming when I run. He said no running for 2-3 weeks, and to walk instead during that time. Ice my feet after exercise, take an Aleve the days I exercise, and he recommended running light poles instead of Couch to 5k. Lightpoles are running to one lightpole, walking to the next, running to the next, etc. He said that he can run a 5k, but still thinks interval training is better instead of running the whole time. Who knows, but I guess I will try it. He said I can still follow C25k  if I want, but to take it a little slower. I want to know how much slower I can take it since we repeated 2 out of 4 weeks? But not complaining about a few weeks of walking!

--- 5 ---
Are you the type of person who likes to taste individual ingredients as they go into a recipe? Maybe I'm weird, but I like to know the flavor of that one spice or ingredient so I see what flavors I can pick out at the end. Well, let me help you out, friends. DO NOT SAMPLE CLOVES. I use cloves a LOT in baking, especially in pumpkin muffins and sweet potato muffins. And I know it's in 'pumpkin pie spice'. So Wednesday when I was making said sweet potato muffins, I decided to take a tiny taste. Worst. Mistake. Ever. Have you ever imagined tasting fire? No? Me neither. But now I never have to.

--- 6 ---
Do you have a Which Wich in your area? It has been one of my VERY favorite places to eat for at least 5 years now and Steven has loved it ever since I introduced him to it 2 years ago. Raleigh just opened a new location that is minutes from my work so I will probably be going more often! And because of their new location, they mailed out awesome coupons to local businesses. My agency got them AND Steven's store got them. And you can probably guess who snatched them right up. Yep, we have enough 2/$12 coupons to take us right through the end of the year! YAY!
--- 7 ---
Did you check out my other two posts this week? I pondered my spiritual journey and made oatmeal that tastes like pumpkin pie! How's that for variety!? 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

13 comments:

  1. Gah I've been married for a year and a half now, and I still have yet to make any albums! So props to you for at least buying scrapbooks!

    It's so funny...I made pumpkin oatmeal this week, too! I like to blend pumpkin, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey and add it to my coffee. Homemade pumpkin spice lattes! And yes, cloves on their own are horrible =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... I must be strange. I usually lick the teaspoon with the cloves on it after I throw them in the recipe. I love cloves....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession: My husband and I have been married for almost 9 years and I still haven't made a wedding album/scrapbook OR one for any of the events prior (like our cross-country drive).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 years and counting--I made one scrapbook page of our honeymoon. That's it. Luckily our photographer made us a mini-book of our wedding pics, otherwise we'd have nothing.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you figured out what was wrong with your ankle! And happy 5 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 5 months! I laughed, because my husband and I have been married... uh longer than you... and all of our photos are sitting in a drawer... I have done not one thing with them :( Maybe one day! So don't feel bad. We love which wich around hear! I love all the choices they have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think getting the pictures printed and buying the scrapbook(s) is the hardest part. Now all you have to do is sort the photos and put them in as step 2. Then finally annotate. I still ahven't finished our wedding book, but was happy that I managed to get all the pictures in some sort of order into an album. Maybe I"ll try to get to that soon-ish.
    Also, I'm not a runner, but my husband is and he also highly recommends interval training. Any time I ponder the idea of running he gets excited and tells me how he can come up with a training plan for me. Then he immediately starts telling me about the intervals he would start me with and how he would work me up to running a little longer/walking less. Anyway, long story short - I think intervals might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy five months! I can't believe it's been that long since I was waiting for wedding pictures to show up on your blog! :) I haven't tried the sandwich place yet, but there's one near my parents so I may have to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #3: If I hadn't done the theme I did this week, it would have been "The 7 Shames of Jen" a la "The 50 Shames of Earl Grey" and you would have heard about MY guilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 5 months! I will have to try that sandwich place. I have never heard of it but I bet the kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, hopping around the Quick Takes! I may or may not have been addicted to some reality TV shows in the past (or present). And going back through wedding photos is so wonderful and time-consuming at the same time...good luck :)

    That's so sweet that your hubs remembered your anniversary! My husband and I started a monthly "anniversary" date, where we try to celebrate each month on the day we got married. It's usually pretty small--lunch or cheese and wine after dinner or something...but a few years (and kids) later it makes such a difference to get that quality time! Even better-we got the idea from my parents :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 7 shouldn't count as a real item - it just repeats previous posts! I demand another!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 5 -Sometimes I will do that depending on what I'm making. And yes I've tasted stuff and thought ewww glad no one eats this by itself!

    6 - I totally forgot about Which Which! We had one near my old work in Texas. Man I need to move to Raleigh b/c you guys have the coolest restaurants that don't cost an arm and a leg!

    ReplyDelete