Friday, October 4, 2013

7 Quick Takes



--- 1 ---
Guess what? Your progesterone prayers are working! THANK YOU! I'm now in mid zone 2 which, while not great, is literally out of the danger zone. So thank you!!! My mama heart feels so much better. I got that news the same day we went in for our elective ultrasound so that day was pretty amazing. And I may watch the ultrasound dvd on repeat until the birth. The baby in both the 12 and 18 week ultrasounds would put one arm over it's head. I'm so interested to know if the baby will do that a lot once it's born! Other ultrasound highlights were grabbing the umbilical cord, rubbing its eyes, and trying to eat its hand. So in love!


--- 2 ---
This is random but who in the world builds a house and put's an a/c vent almost directly under the sink on the floor? Do you know how much food that vent has eaten in the 15 months we've lived here? I feel like I need to get some kind of screen like you'd use for a screen porch and put it under the grate. Every time something drops, I cringe. Does your house have any quirks like that?

--- 3 ---
Did you see the blog giveaway over at Having Left the Altar? Baby Cash totally wants it but you should enter, too! 

--- 4 ---
On Thursday afternoon, Mandi and I went to a consignment sale a few towns over. I scored tickets to the presale for being a new mom.... except they never checked them so apparently anyone could go! I got SO MANY BOOKS! I kind of have a book problem. I got the entire A-Z Sesame Street collection plus a Winnie the Pooh book and several about cats. I also got quite a few other goodies that weren't particularly registry material. Those sales are dangerous so I will have to skip the next few that come up! I had so much fun!

--- 5 ---
This week Steven and I both got a treat at the grocery store. His pick? Pumpkin beer. My pick? TruMoo chocolate milk. Yep, pretty much explains us perfectly ;). 

--- 6 ---
We ran out of our body wash that I get at Whole Foods (the ONLY thing I get at Whole Foods) and since it's super inconvenient to get to, I picked up some Ivory body wash. For some reason, I thought Ivory was like basic soap ingredients and made for sensitive skin. All I know is that I reek of perfume smell when I get out of the shower. Yuck! The Whole Foods body wash we used had all natural ingredients including natural smell goods (our favorite is grapefruit), so this fakey stuff is a big, unwelcomed change. Only approximately 50 or so more showers to go... 

 --- 7 ---
Friday question: I'm going to be finishing Breaking Bad in another week or so *sob*. What should I start on next? I'm pretty caught up (or as caught up as I want to be/can be for free) with Downtown Abbey, Call the Midwife, and Teen Mom 3 (lol). I've got Mad Men on my list but not sure how I feel about it. Suggestions? Netflix options, please! 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I totally missed that you were pregnant! What great news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have been on a FB break, but I'd been thinking about you so I thought I'd check in here to see how things are going. So happy to hear that the levels are improving :) Can you use the Ivory stuff as hand soap for now? I've done that when not very pleased with a product...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duck Dynasty - you should definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room where our toddler sleeps smells dank. I can't figure it out. My husband doesn't smell it. Also, our porch becomes infested with worms when it rains. Our concrete slap porch...Can't figure that one out. My husband thinks they are from the ground up and I think they are from the ceiling down.

    ReplyDelete