Monday, July 15, 2013

Dear Baby: Letters to our Future Child #2

This is the second installment of letters to our future baby where I open up and share the journey we have been on since the beginning of the year. If you missed the first post in this series, you can check it out here.



Dear Baby, April 11, 2013

Daddy got me a St. Gerard statuette and medal for Easter. I almost cried! I have to tell you the background story of why we love St. Gerard so much. During Lent, we went to another parish for their penance service. We picked the LONGEST line (literally... we were the last ones out of the church!) and kept thinking about line hopping. For some reason, we kept deciding to remain in that line. While we waited, there was a statue at the beginning of the line, and I wanted to know who it was. I kept mentioning that I wished the line would move enough so I could see if there was something that told who it was. Once we finally got up there, after over an hour, I saw a beautiful, ornate prayer card at the base of the statue. I picked it up and it was a prayer to St. Gerard with the most beautiful lines about desiring a child. Mommy almost lost it right there (does that surprise you?) and daddy was really touched, too. We have prayed it every night since, and have now done two novenas to St. Gerard, so you can see why daddy’s gift was touching to me!

I never imagined that trying to start a family would be like this. I added up the cost just for this month alone (which included 2 nights in a hotel room during a visit to Aunt Rachel because we felt too weird staying at their house!) and it was over $450! I didn’t know trying to make a family would cost that much, but I know it will be completely worth it. Luckily, we have scrimped and saved so we are able to do this. I can’t imagine what a couple would do if they just didn’t have the extra money. Mommy is probably being a little crazy with the extra vitamins, teas, etc but how can I not? I want you so badly and want to do anything I can to help my body. I have lost 15 pounds this year and I’m working on shaping our diet up to what it was before the wedding. We are hoping and praying that all this will help!

You are so worth it. You are worth every dollar, every needle stick, every cry session, every pain!

Love,

Mommy

3 comments: