Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our Song

So I am a day late and a dollar short, but I saw the "Our Song with NFP & Me" link up and couldn't resist with our wedding right around the corner! This day needs a pick me up since it started with us going to the register of deeds TWICE (*someone* who shall remain nameless forgot our social security cards) and then me becoming really sick and not able to do almost anything all day! Without further ado:



What's your song? 
Our song is You and Me by Dave Matthews Band.
I can't get tired of the video!

Did you always have a song or did you have to find one?
Steven might remember this better than I do (but he's at work). I know he suggested it one day and youtubed it because I had never heard it. I loved it and it immediately became 'our song', but I don't remember any more details than that.


Why did you pick this song? 

We loved the message of team work that this song has... together we can do anything. I also melted when I heard the part about teaching our kids to fly. 


What does it mean to you? 

It describes how we want our relationship to be. We can get through anything, but only if we work as a team and put the other person first.


How was the meaning changed since you first chose it? 

I think the meaning has only changed by intensifying as we have gone through a lot of challenges together. We've had to make a conscious effort to work together and to change how we approached arguments, adversity, and stress for the health of our relationship. So I would say it's even more meaningful now than it was when we first picked it. 


Won't you share a picture of you two dancing? (Doesn't have to be a wedding picture!) 

That would require that a picture of us dancing existed!  There might be one from my sister's wedding (literally the only time we have ever danced together) but I don't know how to get it. You know what this means, right? We will look absolutey ridiculous doing anything other than slow dancing at our wedding. And yes, I do panic a bit about it lol! 




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story! I've never heard this song before but love it! Happy 1 month until your wedding and hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, take heart, women with PCOS *can* get pregnant. You will have joy. I have added you to my prayer list. Scroll to the last picture in this post, and you will find a picture (18 years later anyway) of what can happen, even when doctors say that it *never* will:

    http://liturgicaltime.blogspot.com/2012/01/sanctity-of-life-sunday-its-not-baby.html

    Blessings to you dear one,
    Pax Christi
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete