Friday, March 11, 2016

39 Weeks Today... And Waiting

Today I turned 39 weeks, which is a week longer than my last pregnancy. I totally have a new appreciation for people who are pregnant for 41 or 42 weeks. You are rock stars! I am so over it, haha! Although, the nice part is that for the past 4 days, I've felt REALLY good physically and energy-wise, which I haven't felt this entire pregnancy. Today was back to pure exhaustion, but thankfully I'm still not as sore as I have been for the past few months. I am guessing the baby shifted just slightly enough to relieve the pain. My parents arrive tomorrow and Steven and I go to the hospital Monday night at 7 if the baby hasn't come before then. (Side note: in case you're wondering, between my low progesterone and high blood pressure, though thankfully very well managed this pregnancy, the best outcomes for my baby are between 39 and 40 weeks. I was induced at 38 last time because I was developing pre-eclampsia, but this time things have been going pretty well! Glad to have had a week+ more to grow this baby!)

I'm getting nesty again, needing rooms to be cleaned, floors to be vacuumed, and laundry to be done. I'm so glad that my mom will be here for 2 weeks to help with Felicity and the house, so we can focus more on our new baby! It definitely eases my mind about adjusting to life with 2 children. After my mom leaves, my sister will be here for a few days. Then I'm sure my friends will keep me company or take Felicity off my hands here and there if I need it. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about life with 2 littles. I know it will be hard and an adjustment, but I also know people do it all the time.

I'm very ready to meet this baby and to see if it is a boy or girl! I'm ready for newborn snuggles for sure. I feel guilty that I'm not remotely emotional about not being pregnant anymore (with Felicity, I was SO emotional about it!)... well all except for the fact that I hate the awkward post partum phase with clothes, haha. It's so much easier to dress a bump because people give you a free pass ;). But my plan is to take it easier on myself than I did last time, which I probably decided on just from the experience of having a child for 2 years! I'm going to try to worry about the house less, my standards less, and just do what I have to do keep us sane and somewhat happy while we adjust. Can't wait to meet you, little baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment