Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Early Morning Musings

Felicity slept incredibly well last night, which led to a 5:10 am wake up, so you're all get treated (hah) to some of my thoughts this morning as I anxiously await her crash and fall... nap time for mama! I have done 7 Quick Takes in forever, so I guess this is kind of that style.


  • Being sick as a mom is no joke, especially with a husband who can't take time off and works long days. I was rarely ever sick pre-baby, so it's not something I'm used to in general. Now I get most everything she gets and/or brings in the house. And obviously I still have to function and take care of her, so there's no lounging on the couch and just waiting it out. At one point yesterday, I was in so much pain with my ear (the eardrum has since burst, I think. Sweet relief.) that I was sitting with a warm compress on it trying to survive until Steven got home and she was tearing apart an entire roll of toilet paper. I figured the clean up was a small price to pay for 10 minutes of quiet while I held my ear and cried!
  • Felicity almost always sits with her legs crossed at the ankle. I find it to be one of the cutest parts about her. She laid like that as a teeny baby, and it has carried over to her sitting. I will look over to see her entranced with some toy, ankles crossed. Sometimes she falls asleep like that. So dang cute!
  • So I've mentioned before the neighbor that we walk with and I babysit for. I was thinking the other day how it's seriously a dream come true to have a neighbor friend. I see her more than I see almost anyone else besides Steven and Felicity! We walk probably 4-5 days a week and I go over twice to babysit, plus we trade date night sitting. I have always wanted to have a friend in my neighborhood, and when we'd lived here over a year and it hadn't happened, I figured it wasn't going to. Thankfully our babies born 3 months apart gave us a reason to put our antisocial tendencies aside :). 
  • I think we are finally on the downhill side of this round of separation anxiety. It was exhausting! For probably 3 weeks, there was a total melt down if I was more than about 5 feet from Felicity. She still freaks out when I shower, but I'm hoping that will resolve itself soon, too. She's back to playing by herself some which I'm so thankful for. For a while, either I had to be on the floor with her, or she would just cry/whine at my knees when I was on the couch. I like playing with her, but even I have my baby toy limit! However, she still prefers non-toys, but that's cool with me if it keeps her busy. This morning she has entertained herself with a cat toy, the cat's stocking, and one of my scrapbooks. Have at it, kid. 
  • The last 2 weekends we have made it through church without having to take Felicity out. It's been such a nice break! Hoping the trend continues for at least a while, though we'll be at church extra long tonight for Christmas eve so I won't hold it against her if she doesn't make it all the way through without a trip to pace around the confessional.
  • Speaking of, I am so, so, so excited about her first Christmas!!! We are going to open presents and have breakfast at home before going to Steven's parents. I'm so excited about opening my presents and so excited about helping her open hers! I love "baby's firsts"!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment