Sunday, December 9, 2012

What I Wore Sunday

Welcome to What I Wore Sunday! 


What I Wore Sunday linkup


 Details:
Black cardigan: a la Old Navy on sale 
Shirt: clearance somewhere.... Belk or Macy's probably
Pants: full price at Old Navy many, many moons ago as you will see below
Shoes: not pictured, but same as last week (by the way Rachel, I wore socks with them last week at work and they were actually cute! So that solves my inappropriate-for-the-weather shoe problem.)


I never know what to do with my hands. That's why I held the cat last week (plus, she's cute) but she refused this week. So hands on the hips it was. I love how my tree watering cup photo-bombed me.

I like the bunchy/flowery detail on the shirt, and the texture of the shirt material in general. 

Another bracelet that I got at a craft fair at some point, and probably have worn once. It has some purples in it that don't show up well in the picture. The bracelet is sort of blah, but I have a very limited collection.

These are my AWESOME sewing hemming skills. The hem on these, ahem, antique pants fell out at work last week. So I taped them up with plans to hem them when I got home. But somehow, the hem of the pants is invisible, which I don't know how to do. And I don't want pants with half of one leg having a hemline so.... the tape remains! It's doing the job for now. I'll probably buy some of that no sew iron stuff at some point... when the scotch tape hem fails.

Last but not least, here are my Jamberry shields over a week later! The ends are just starting to show a little wear but, as you can tell, the shields are holding up so well! I have some coming in the mail to me that are sparkly... I am crazy excited about putting them on, but also want to leave these on longer just because I can! Last chance to join my Jamberry giveaway (benefitting Catholic Relief Services)

Next week I think I'll try to wear something a little different. I don't wear dresses or skirts to work (it's kind of a long story) so I tend to default and wear pants to church, too. But I think I might challenge myself to pull something different out of the closet! We'll see how it goes. See you next week!


15 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the nails Stacy! I have not heard of Jamberry but it sounds like they are long-wearing. I love doing my nails and then I forget to re-do them two weeks later and yes I am that person. Ick. I will look into it. I also really like the bracelet-sometimes adding simple accessories are what really make an ensemble pulled together-just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet hem!

    No, but really- I love your purple; such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to steal your taped hem idea! I somehow missed out on the "sewing basics" stuff back in middle school =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally awful at sewing. One of my aunts gave me some of the invisible hem tape, and a kind you can iron in. LOVE IT! Also I love wearing crazy socks with shoes I would otherwise avoid in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit - I think I'm going to steal that blouse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, I love your hemming! I didn't know tape would work that well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've duct-taped hems up before when I've needed to give them to a seamstress in my congregation. It became a running joke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've totally hemmed like that before!! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! And I hate sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow, it's extra fun to wear the liturgical colors in Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're reminding me I have to hem my pants! Or do I just have to tape them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the purple top, and the bracelet goes great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the nails and that purple top!!! And I've been know to hem with duct tape too :)

    ReplyDelete