Sunday, December 2, 2012

What I Wore Sunday

This is my first time joining Fine Linen & Purple for What I Wore Sunday! I like reading it, but haven't done it before for two reasons. One, I somewhat enjoy fashion, but not really what's in or trendy. I just like finding things that I like (and are good deals!) but fashion doesn't interest me as much as it does a lot of other people. Two, I wear the same things to church that I wear to the office 4 days a week (Friday is casual day), so my church clothes don't really feel exciting. It's not really a fun opportunity to dress a bit nicer (though it's certainly the best reason) since I already wear those clothes all the time anyway. But then I realized that you all don't see me at work, so you have no clue that I'm just recycling clothes AND I knew that doing this link up would help me focus more on what I was putting on. It did! I paid more attention to looking nice for church and even accessorized, which is new and different for me.




Details:
Cardigan: Target on sale
Shirt: Belk on clearance (if you look closely, you'll notice it's the black version of the shirt I wore to Thanksgiving!)
Pants: Lane Bryant on clearance and, yes, I realize I should have ironed. But I didn't. Jesus didn't care.
Cat: Spartanburg Humane Society

I never, ever wear necklaces. They kind of give me the heebie jeebies.... a sensory issue, I guess. I think I got this at a craft fair a few years ago, and I managed to leave it on for 2 hours! 


I love Mary Jane inspired shoes! These are pretty comfy and came from Shoe Carnival, buy one get one half off. I'm not really a boots person, so I wear inappropriate-for-the-weather shoes all year round.

I can't remember where I got this bracelet but I like it a lot! I never wear bracelets either, but feel pretty when I do, so maybe I'll make an effort to do it more! See my bold, blue fingernails? My sister in law is a Jamberry consultant so my mom put some on me while she was visiting this weekend. There's a bit of a learning curve, but they last for about 2 weeks on your fingers without chipping (at least double on your toes!). They are non-toxic and made in the USA, which makes this girl's heart happy! Stay tuned to my blog because I'll be doing a review and giveaway sometime this week and the best part is, it will benefit a charity! 

So there you have it, my outfit for church today! 

14 comments:

  1. I like it, girl! I experienced the same thing: nothing special about my clothes, but taking a minute to think about it and prepare did wonders. Sundays are a bit perkier for me now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree... I felt more focused today instead of rushy.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I will have to look into that Jamberry business. I love your blue cardi over the b&w. Also- I. Do. Not. Iron. Nearly ever. I just can't stand ironing, so you get a pass from me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I appreciate the pass. Sometimes I feel like such a slacker but ironing is my worst chore, so I just avoid it.

      Definitely check out the Jamberry shields. My mom has been wearing them for a few months now and they are pretty cool!

      Delete
  3. I love that black and white shirt and especially paired with the blue cardigan. And for a girl who doesn't accessorize, you chose some great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I don't have much to choose from so I should probably hit up a thrift store!

      Delete
  4. I have the same shoe issue!!! It was embarrassing last year when we had an admin meeting in the Brooklyn office and a few of us went out to get lunch - it was like 17 degrees out, and my director said, "Aren't your feet cold?" I was mortified that it looked like I didn't know how to dress appropriately for the weather, and I just tried to explain to him that I don't like boots, and pretended I wasn't cold. I wish I could get into like a basic loafer (or that they carried many shoes like that) because most boots have heels or just don't look right with the pants I wear (the "fashion" here is to tuck leggings/tight pants into the boots - um no thanks - and it looks weird to have a wide-legged trouser over them)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iron shmiron. For the rare occasion I really need to look nice, I bust My Little Steamer to use. That, or when I have a head cold and breath in the steam. Come to think of it, it gets more use for that. Anyway, I love that color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do realize that the best part of your post was including Miss Fluffybutt in your outfit, right? ;P

    (You win for #crazycatlady today!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit! Jesus doesn't care when I don't iron my pants either:) I really love the way colored nail polish looks (aka your blue). Every time I do mine, I'm always sure to do some crazy color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way about work clothes vs. Mass clothes...like, after a week of wearing tights and skirts to the office, I'm less apt to want to wear them to church. I need a constant reminder that I should care way more about how I'm dressed for the whole Wedding Feast Of the Lamb thing! You look great in that blouse, I love your mani, and I think your cat's expression is absolutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, Jesus didn't care - awesome.

    You are rocking those blus nails and that necklace looks like it was made to go with that shirt. Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am horrible about ironing pants. I love the detailing on your top & that blue polish! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ironing is so pointless. It's going to get wrinkled when you wear it anyway!

    ReplyDelete