Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HHS Mandate

These are from St. Peter's List and I really, really like them! My very favorite is a bit (I know this isn't a word but it totally fits) inciteful. So I'll refrain from using it publicly and just giggle to myself about it. It's #5. I'm trying to work up the gumption to post one of the others on facebook. I really, really don't like conflict and I can already picture some not so nice comments, but I also know that this isn't an issue I can be silent on, and I would love to educate where I can.

Birth control is going to be covered as a preventative measure. Preventing what? Pregnancy? Pregnancy and fertility are not diseases. Look, I would love for everyone in the world to believe like I do, but I know that will never happen, so that's not what I'm fighting for. But I am fighting so I don't have to pay for someone else's birth control (especially since they don't have to help pay for the cost of my NFP!), and especially so that Catholic institutions aren't having to cover it.

This one is so awesome, I can't even follow it up with anything! 


Please remember that as little as 3 months ago, I was contracepting and not following the church's teachings. So I'm not coming into this with any holier than thou attitude. I'm coming to this with the knowledge that there are many Catholic women who ARE contracepting (though not the 98% that the White House would have you believe) but guess what? That does not make the teaching of the church any less valid!!! And, most importantly, it does not mean that the first amendment should be tossed aside.

As for me... 

1 comment:

  1. 1. I think the word you're looking for is "incendiary."

    2. I was wondering where your comment on my blog went too. :( I did go to the link from my email, and it looked awesome but every blog I clicked was from like 2008. It looks like they haven't updated it in quite some time. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete