Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy National Marriage Week!


I grabbed this idea from Katie and couldn't resist. Do you remember doing survey after survey on Myspace? Oh what, you never used Myspace? Ashamedly, I did for YEARS and did about every survey that passed my way. So when I saw this one, and saw that it pertains to my favorite topic, I had to do it! I am linking up to http://www.frommrstomama.com/ in celebration of National Marriage Week. Yeah, not married yet, but celebrating marriage in general!



1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We celebrated 2 years on January 4th.
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met on okcupid.com. We talked there for about a month before we met in person. After a month of dating, we became 'official', and got engaged after about a year. 
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
Uh, yeah! Getting married in April :). 
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We are getting married at Sacred Heart Cathedral, which is the smallest cathedral in the US. It is BEAUTIFUL! We are guessing around 130 guests (15 confirmed so far, invites were sent out Friday!)
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I think they're all probably nauseating. We tend to use 'baby' when we are fighting or disagreeing, which is sort of funny to me. Otherwise we use things like 'boo', 'boo love', 'boo cuddle', and other things that make you want to lose your lunch. I don't even know when those started or why lol. We also use 'love' a lot as in "Love, what time is the movie?". Not quite as bad as the others. 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He works really hard at whatever he is doing, he's super cuddly, and he has helped me to become a way better Catholic than I was. 
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
He proposed at Biltmore in Asheville during a weekend getaway, right outside of the house. He got down on one knee and everything. 
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
More so flowers and teddy bear.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Are those mutually exclusive? Because I love and do them both! 
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I'd love to travel somewhere with tons of history because I know he would LOVE it. I went to Rome before I met him and always think of how much he would have loved it there. Oh, and I want to have babies together one day!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Tomorrow night I'm taking him to a Valentine themed murder mystery dinner. It's called "Love is a Scary Thing" and I am so, SO excited about it! It's a surprise so I can't wait til he finds out what we are doing. He is making plans for actual Valentine's day and I don't know what those are. 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I don't ever ask for anything for Valentine's day. I mean, flowers are kind of a given, but I just let him do whatever. 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Compromise. We are both terrible at it because we are stubborn, but we know it's the winning ticket so we are working really hard on improving.
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Steven is almost impossible to get a real smile out of when his picture is being taken. I love this photo because I was laughing and he was smiling, and it was genuine! I wish I could remember what got us laughing! 


4 comments:

  1. You're so right about compromise! It's hard to do though :) Congrats on the upcoming wedding... so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And love your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these surveys everyone is doing. Did you ever have one of those books oh what were they called. I can't remember but one person made a ton of questions and everyone passed it around the class and answered the questions. I even had an online version ugh I can't remember now and it's going to drive me mad!

    #9 - living so close to the beach I like both. I like going to the beach but it's lame in the winter lol but if I'm in a blah mood I'd rather just stay home :)

    I love that picture too!!

    ReplyDelete