Friday, July 15, 2016

Clare Sophia: 4 Months

I'm 1 day late, but basically on time ;). My little bear is becoming such a baby and has pretty much lost all the newborn-ness! She laughs and smiles, watches us, loves watching Felicity and her friends play, and is grabbing toys all the time now.

Weight: I'll come back to this after her appointment next week
.

Height: I'll come back to this after her appointment next week.

Medical issues: I tested her dairy intolerance yesterday with a large ice dream cone from Chickfila and it went pretty well so I may try the things I know bothered her soon... like cheesecake. 

Sleep: Clare is sleeping more predictably these days. She is only up about 90 minutes between naps,

and takes fairly short naps (which is probably why she's only up 90 min!). It actually works pretty well for me because she wants to be held most of the time she's awake, so it gives me more frequent breaks to get things done or interact with Felicity. She will do one long nap in the middle of the day if I come lay with her when she wakes up, which I do so that she'll sleep longer. And I can't say I hate the cat nap that I get either! Then we get up when Felicity does. She goes to bed between 6 and 7 and wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30. We are definitely in the 4 month regression but it's not too bad... it has just been the addition of needing me for her nap and now needing me most of the night, but since I sleep through most of it, it hasn't been a huge deal. I mostly just miss being able to flail around in my sleep :). 


Clothes/diaper size: Clare is in in the same as last month... 3-6 clothes and size 2 diapers. 

Likes: watching kids play, snuggling mommy, sitting upright, grabbing things, being tickled, any type of motion- seeing people jump, swing, run, often sends her into giggling fits.

Dislikes: being in the stroller (our walks have been rough lately), being put down.

Nicknames: Clare Bear is still her main nickname. 




Milestones: Clare is getting toys to her mouth now. She can sit in the tripod stance for a few seconds at a time before falling to the right. She found her feet which is one of her favorite "toys". And probably Clare's biggest milestone was rolling front to back, which she does approximately every time I try to get her to do tummy time. 

I don't want to forget this: I mostly just don't want to forget her infancy in general. It's so crazy how quickly they change. She's a bit easier than Felicity and I'm a bit more experienced, so I really want to hang on to this age a little longer, even though it's somewhat more demanding. I love watching her smile at Felicity and hearing Felicity exclaim "she's smiling at me!!!", and seeing Felicity run in first thine in the morning to say good morning and kiss her. Clare is so loved! I love that she beams a huge smile every time I smile at her or talk to her. She is so easy to make happy! All it takes for her tears to go away is for me to pick her up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment