Friday, January 1, 2016

29 Week Bumpdate

Happy New Year! Just like last time, all I can think is "it's the year we're going to have our baby!!!!!". Wow.... times flies. I meant to do these every 4 or so weeks and here it's been 11!!! In 11 more weeks I will have a baby in my arms. Ahhh! So exciting and overwhelming and crazy! 

How far along: 29 weeks 

Baby Size: 14.5 inches and, according to a probably inaccurate ultrasound yesterday, 3 lbs!!!

Weight gain: It's slowed down a lot, which is good since I gained sort of quickly in the beginning. I think I'm up about 15 lbs. 

Maternity clothes: Unlike last time, I can't wear any pre-pregnancy shirts at this point, unless I wear a maternity tank top underneath for the length. 

Stretch marks: No new ones yet. 
 
Sleep: Still pretty rough. Some nights I go to bed at 8:30 and some nights I'm wishing for sleep at 11. Most nights I'm awake between about 3 and 4 or 4 and 5. Then my sweet toddler starts to wake up around 5:30 so, even though she doesn't actually get up until closer to 6:30, I'm usually up for the day pretty early. Luckily I can nap when she naps, so that helps. And I nap more/longer when Steven is home. 

Gender: It will be a surprise again!

Movement: Allllllllll the time! I could feel Jellybean flip to breech a few days ago, then a day after that s/he turned back. I have lots of movement/pressure on my right lower side which was confirmed by the ultrasound today when the tech was trying to jiggle the baby to get him/her to move out of that "corner" so she could get measurements. I also get swift kicks to the ribs. 

Best moment this week: Seeing my stomach DANCE. It's moved a little but this week the baby is kicking and moving hard enough that my stomach is very visibly moving. It's so fun to watch! 

Looking forward to: Being at the point on my Amazon registry where they let me have the 10% discount so I can start getting a couple things we need and organize the baby's changing table in our room. 
 
  Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing in particular. I tend to get nauseous one or two times a week. 
 
Labor Signs: No, thank God.
 
What I miss: Sleeping more soundly. 
 
Symptoms: Heartburn, insomnia, sporadic nausea, and of course the fun stuff like kicking :)
 
Nursery: Yeah.... just the changing table in our room lol. We'll set up the cosleeper when we get closer to March and I just need baskets and the countour pad/cover for the table. Steven is very glad we aren't painting tons of furniture this time! 
 
Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Mood: Decent :). I'm a little less zombie like these past few weeks, so that has helped! 

I really, really hope my baby looks less like Olmec (Legends of the Hidden Temple) in real life.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment