Sunday, April 20, 2014

Felicity Marian: 2 Months

Weight: I'll come back and edit this after her appointment on the 29th, but by our inaccurate weighing system, we have her at just under 8 lbs. I'm betting she'll be 8lbs by her appointment, especially since she's been taking close to 30oz a day!

Height: Again, I'll have to come back and edit this. I'm not sure, but she's outgrowing newborn clothes by length and she's growing like a weed.

Medical Issues: We had her tongue and lip tie revised AGAIN this month. She is still battling thrush. We're treating her hemangioma which hasn't gotten smaller but is not growing anymore! 

Sleep: So much better and fairly consistent! She generally goes to sleep between 8:30 and 9:30, wakes up twice to eat, gets up between 5 and 7 to eat and then goes back to sleep for 2-3 hours for a morning nap. It is heavenly.

Clothes/Diaper Size: I didn't want to stop putting her in newborn clothes because *tear tear* I'd have to admit she's growing up, but my mom made a good point that if I don't put her into 0-3, she'll miss out on wearing that stuff. So on the 13th, she wore a 0-3 outfit and later jammies and THEY FIT. It was bitter sweet! A lot of the 0-3 stuff is still too big so luckily she can go between that and newborn, so I don't have to quite pack anything up yet, except the few sleepers that absolutely don't fit her anymore. She's still in newborn size disposables, and preemie prefolds with 5-9 lb covers, although the covers are getting verrrrrrrrrrry small on her!

Likes: Sitting up (with help, obviously) and being patted on the back, baths, her swing and especially the moving mobile, music, her paci but less so than last month

Dislikes: any time her bottle is removed from her mouth whether it's during or after a feed, tummy time, her mouth stretches (to prevent reattachment while healing), being in the mei tai for more than 10 minutes, a cold wipe anywhere but her bum 

Nicknames: Still Mush, but sometimes I 'shorten' it to Mu-Mu which then becomes Moo Moo Mr. Cow... the kids meal at Moe's. Yeah, I should not be allowed to have kids :P. Also baby girl and little girl. And Bear, which is my family nickname that I'm apparently sharing.

Milestones: She started smiling on April 12th. She's very stingy with her smiles and they are really quick, but they are the cutest thing ever!!! Her neck is also getting stronger. She doesn't use it much during tummy time, but she'll sit with her head up while on our laps for up to 15 minutes at a time with very little wobbling.

I don't want to forget this!: On the 18th, she nursed for 35 minutes along with a couple other shorter sessions this past week. I haven't updated too much about it, but she might nurse 1-2 times a week for 1-5 minutes... and that's on good weeks! On Thursday she rooted against me (which she has literally never done) and ended up nursing a few minutes. Then Friday (18th) she did the same and nursed for so long! She nursed another 10 minutes or so today. We'll see if she keeps it up, but they were such sweet moments with her! 



No comments:

Post a Comment