Sunday, November 25, 2018

Oh My, Apple Pie

This morning I made an apple pie. That might be a regular day for some people, but I really struggle with baked goods, so I don't make them often. But I realized that never having them does nothing to help my girls, and I want them to have memories of us baking. So when I came across an apple pie recipe that sounded good to me (pie is usually not my thing!), I ripped it out and decided to make it at some point. Then Steven's mom asked me to bring a pie for Thanksgiving, and the girls and I had so much fun making a chocolate chess pie. And I happened to have one crust leftover so.... now there's a freshly baked apple pie on my counter waiting for dinner time tonight! I know lots of people bake around the holidays, but it's hard for me to rationalize that knowing that we're already getting lots of extra treats around those times. I need to get better at making treats here or there in the longer spells without holidays/treats/candy. My neighbor bakes all the time, and usually ends up giving half away as soon as she makes it. This sounds painful to me :), but certainly healthier than standing in the kitchen silently eating a brownie while my kids play in another room!

No comments:

Post a Comment