Monday, November 26, 2018

Letter to our Baby Boy

Baby boy,

We are getting SO excited for you! This pregnancy is flying, no doubt because your sisters are keeping me SO busy! Physically this pregnancy has been easier than my last one, so that is nice! Maybe it didn't get harder until later... I can't remember. But I'm enjoying feeling somewhat human :). I am reacting to the progesterone injections that are keeping you snug and warm inside, so that is a bit scary, but trying to trust that everything will be ok. So far I'm having to miss one of my two shots per week, and have had to be on antibiotics for that area getting infected. I found it weird that I never had this problem the last two pregnancies (well maybe once or twice but never recurrent like this) but apparently with it being in oil, you can develop almost an allergy to the oil. I guess not allergy but intolerance? So that's potentially what's happening but... they don't make it in another oil! Just a small price to pay for my sweet boy. If only I could get your sisters to quit bouncing off my right side!

Today at library story time there were 3 different babies all crawling age, and all boys. Both girls loved them and kept rubbing their heads and backs, and watching them crawl. It got me sooo excited to see them with you!!!! It still blows my mind that you're a boy, and it's been fun watching other baby boys because I really only ever imagined myself as a girl mom! I ordered a few newborn sleepers and it was really fun to get them in the mail and try to picture you wearing them. Ms Natalie (mommy's best friend and your future Godmother!) got me the diaper bag and dinosaur muslin blanket I wanted. It makes it feel so real! In a few months you'll be snuggled in that blanket! You are such a wiggly guy and I wonder if you always will be. You seem to be more "hands" than feet. I feel those hands going ALL the time, but only get truly kicked once or twice a day. I love you and can't wait to meet you.

Love
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment