Friday, April 22, 2016

Clare Sophia: One Month

Such a neglectful mommy I am! Here is Clare's monthly update, over a week late.... The only good thing is I have her actual height and weight since her appointment happened the 18th.

Clare turned 1 month on April 14th! This was also our 4th wedding anniversary :).

Weight: 9 lbs 3 oz. SO different from her sister who had failure to thrive. Clare is putting on about half a pound a week, sometimes a little more. She is gaining so well and we aren't supplementing at all. So this is what it's supposed to be like! She looooves to nurse and any time I get a bit weary, I remind myself how desperately I wanted to breastfeed Felicity without struggles, bottles, pumping, supplementing, and that really helps put it back into perspective for me!

Height: 21.5 inches. She really shot up in the past 2 weeks! Clare has a nice, plump belly with long, thin legs.

Medical issues: The dreaded thrush for weeks now. I dealt with thrush with Felicity, too, and it took us forever to get rid of it. We're currently doing nystatin, Jack Newman's nipple ointment, AND grapefruit seed extract. Next up: Diflucan.

Sleep: this baby sleeps wonderfully at night! She stirs, I nurse her, and we both snooze. She's such a dream. Day time sleep is harder. She goes to sleep and stays to sleep very easily and for a long time when we're out, but struggles to both fall asleep and stay asleep while we're home. This means I don't get much done because she wants to be held all the time. But I'll take the great night sleeping over good napping any day!

Clothes/diaper size: She is just about done with newborn diapers and clothes and moving into 0-3 and size 1 diapers. It's so much fun seeing her wear Felicity's clothes and having old memories be brought back.

Likes: nursing, cuddling with mommy, diaper changes, baths if she is warm

Dislikes: most people who aren't mommy, being put down, the swing or really anywhere that isn't mommy

Nicknames: Clare Bear

Milestones: Is this a thing for 1 month olds? I don't think so. She holds her head up pretty well sometimes.

I don't want to forget this: I definitely don't want to forget what an easy baby she is in case it changes! It's been such a help in me adjusting so well and quickly to having 2 kids. It's a work in progress but I'm amazed at how capable and happy I feel! Her first smiles aren't to be forgotten either. She gives some great big ones just by cooing and smiling at her. It melts my heart every time! I also don't want to forget how much Felicity loves her. She is so excited to see her when she wakes up from naps, runs to check on her if she cries, and kisses and hugs Clare all throughout the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment