Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dear Baby #2, Letter 4

Jellybean,                                                                                                  10/6/2015

You really deserve so many more letters than this! But I wanted to make sure I wrote to you today because you are finally kicking me!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am. I panic so much in that time where nausea and exhuastion have left but movement hasn't started yet. Thankfully (trying to be positive here), nausea isn't all the way gone and exhaustion is just starting to improve since I got to stop morning progesterone as a trial, so I've been less panicky than I was with your sister, but I still thought I'd feel you before now. If you google (why do I ever google?), it appears that most 2nd time moms feel their baby super early. I felt Felicity around 18 or 19 weeks so I thought I'd feel you maybe around 14. But I'm 16 weeks and 4 days today and I know it's normal that I am just now feeling you. I'm just super excited that it's happening. You may really like activity because this is the most active day I've had in a long time (especially since it's our first day of sun in two weeks!!!). Felicity had her first mommy and me gymnastics class today which was an insane workout, plus we went on a long walk, plus we played at the playground. I felt you as I rested after gymnastics and as I rested after putting Felicity to bed tonight. I know it could be days until I feel you again, but I'm glad I have this to hang onto :). We have our "big" ultrasound in just over 2 weeks and I can't wait to see you again! I know most people prefer less ultrasounds, but since I have to have them anyway, they really help my anxiety. I cannot believe I'm almost 17 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy is FLYING. I'm definitely in maternity pants full time but still in most of my normal shirts, but for some reason I often still don't feel pregnant. It still hits me over and over again that you're in there! Daddy talks to you every night just like he did with your sister and I love that special time you two share. We love you so much and can't wait to meet you and see who you are. We both kind of have a feeling you're a boy, which is bizarre since neither of us really had a feeling with Felicity. At the very end I had an inkling she might be a girl but it was so fleeting that I doubted myself. But this is a strong feeling and I don't know where it comes from! Felicity has a LOT of clothing that you will fit perfectly into if you're a girl, but if you're a boy that just gives us all an excuse to go shopping ;). Love you so much and can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment