Friday, July 25, 2014

Felicity Marian: 5 Months

*Cough* Oh what's that? This is 5 days late? Yeah, that's because on her 5 month "birthday" I was too busy writing about mom guilt to remember to post her monthly update. Sorry, kid! It's all downhill from here :P. So here you have it, 5 days late.

Weight: Over 14 lbs!!! I don't have the exact number because daddy was the one with her when she got weighed and you know daddies and details don't mix well.

Height: 24 inches last time I checked so maybe 25 now?

Medical issues: Well, this technically happened after I would have written this post, but poor baby got her first illness! It started Tuesday night (although we didn't realize that until Wednesday morning... rookies!) and she's STILL sick now on Friday. My poor girl :(. She also had a 3rd lip and tongue tie revision a little over a week ago. It's been a rough time for my sweet baby!!! She wouldn't let us do the stretches at all this time (well, she would, but then she wouldn't eat and that's no bueno). 

Sleep: Ok, when I complain, it's because she's less of a good sleeper but really we are very blessed. She has been harder to get to bed and has been waking up a bit more but mostly revolving above stated medical issues. She's still not the best napper unless I'm right there with her, but there have been a few times I've been able to get up and get stuff done (or sit!) while she naps. 

Clothes/Diaper Size: She's too big for 3 mo clothes and can wear some 6 mo clothes while others are still too big. She's in size 2 diapers when she's in disposable. Last time I said I was pretty sure she'd be higher than 5th percentile at her appointment. Yeah, she was 25th! She blew 5th right out of the water!

Likes: stacking cups, oh my goodness does she love them!!!, electronic toys much to my dismay, sitting in her kitchen chair, the johnny jumper, books, nursing to sleep

Dislikes: mommy leaving during naps, not having me with her during play time, pacifiers, bed time

Nicknames: Minka (from Stinka Minka), Tinky (also from Stinka Minka), Monkey, Baby Daughter 

Milestones: She can sit up for longer periods of time before falling over. Felicity went on her first road trip to NY to visit family and Godparents! We drove overnight both ways and she slept the ENTIRE 10-12 hours! She now recognizes what her bottle is for. 

I don't want to forget this: Felicity is REALLY hard to get a laugh from. My parents visited last weekend and my dad got her laughing SO hard! It was the most precious thing ever. He was just tickling her tummy with a mountain dew bottle and she was in a fit of giggles! Luckily I got it on video. I kind of want to forget this now that I know it was because she was sick, but the first night she was sick (before we knew it) she sat in Steven's lap and listened to books for probably 20 minutes. It was the sweetest thing! I also don't want to forget that she finally FINALLY will go in something besides the ring sling! Not only does she let me wear her in the mei tai now, but she also falls asleep in it! Guess what that means? STEVEN CAN PUT HER TO SLEEP SOMETIMES NOW! Freeeeeeeeeeeedom! Having said that, it kind of makes me sad, too :P. 



No comments:

Post a Comment