Friday, December 20, 2013

Dear Penny: Letters to our Child #19

Check out the "Dear Baby Series" tag for more letters to our baby!




Dear Baby Penny, 11/5/13

Guess who is the biggest wiggle worm ever!? 22 weeks might be my favorite so far. I went from being SO exhausted all the time weeks 18 through the end of 21 to feeling so energetic. And I went from feeling you about once a week, so light that I wondered if I was making it up, to overnight you wiggling and kicking off and on all day! I am finally enjoying this pregnancy and not worrying because I have constant reminders that you are healthy. It is so much fun! I can’t wait for daddy to be able to feel you kick. Twice you have kicked so hard that I’ve jumped, which I’m sure looks crazy to other people, but it makes me laugh. Most of the time you feel like a fish flopping around. I wonder if all that exhaustion was because of a huge growth spurt and that’s why I can feel you now! Whatever it is, I love it and I’m so excited to spend the next 17 weeks feeling you move.

I haven’t had many really intense cravings, but I’m enjoying ice cream and salty snacks, plus still really liking meat! I have a thing for ground beef these days. My belly keeps growing, but what’s funny is that my hormonal self some days feels like I look fat, some days too pregnant, and some days not pregnant at all. Daddy tells me I look pregnant and beautiful :). I’m having a lot of fun with maternity clothes now that I’m bigger! I have found the most amazing work clothes at consignments stores for SO cheap!

Last weekend daddy and I went on Marriage Encounter. It was so special to us and the perfect thing for our marriage right before you join us! As I looked into daddy’s eyes, holding his hands, with happy tears rolling down my face while Fr. Rocky talked about marriage and had us renew our vows, you kicked and squirmed. It was one of the most precious moments ever.

Next week we get to hear your heartbeat again. I live for my monthly appointments! Every week I count down how many more weeks til I get to hear you again. I am so, so blessed to have you and not a day goes by that we don’t thank God for the miracle of you.

We love you more than you’ll ever know!

Love,
Mommy

Dear Penny, 11/07/2013

It’s a double feature! 23 weeks might have already beat out 22 for one simple reason. DADDY FELT YOU KICK! We were sitting on the couch signing up for health insurance for next year (fun!), when you started wiggling pretty hard. I put my hand to my stomach, not really expecting to feel it from the outside, and thump! There you were! So I put daddy’s hand there and had 2 kicks that he didn’t feel. You kicked again and oh, I wish you could have seen his face. He excitedly said “Yes?!”, I guess answering my un-asked question of whether he felt you or not! His mouth dropped open and I was just so excited to share that moment with him! I thought it would be at least a few more weeks, so it was a really fun surprise! Keep kicking, baby!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment