Friday, December 27, 2013

30 Week Update!

How far along are you? 
30 weeks and 2 days (I just can't seem to get them up right on the day!)

Total weight gain: 
To preserve my sanity, I don't weigh in between appointments. So I'll say 22 until I get weighed again on the 30th. 

How big is baby?:  
  Estimated at 3 lbs! 

Maternity clothes: 
This answer will remain a big, fat yes :). I'm starting to grow out of some of my tshirts and moving into Steven's!

Stretch marks?:  
I have a teeny one IN AN OLD STRETCH MARK. Poor, poor little sliver of skin. I had no doubt I would come out of this pregnancy with tons of them so I'm not even stressing about the first one.

Sleep?: 
Well, I had one good week! This week my sleep has been worse than ever. I haven't had much trouble going back to sleep, but I'm waking up CONSTANTLY. So far I'm doing ok with less sleep, and I'm on vacation so I can nap/sleep in more, but I figure hopefully that bodes well for the sleep deprivation I'll have when the baby comes.

Best moment this week?:
We were sitting in Mass on Christmas day and Steven got to see his baby kick :). I pointed down, he quickly realized what was happening, and he was so excited. It was kind of an extra special moment because there we were in church where we had to be quiet, sharing an unspoken, super sweet event together.



Movement?: 
Lots of movement! I think I'm getting a butt to the ribs most of the time, but occasionally I will feel hands, head, and feet. By what I'm feeling, I think I have a posterior baby (cue panic attack) but I'll ask at the 32 week ultrasound to see if I need to start spinning the baby or not!

Food cravings?:
I have been craving what I call 'real food', ie not snacks but MEALS and meat. I've been sooo hungry these past few days! I think I might have scared my family with my eating on Christmas eve ;).

Food aversions?:
No peanut butter sandwiches.

Labor signs?: 
Thankfully not.

Belly button in or out?: 
Continues to disappear but still in.

What I miss: 
Reading stuff besides baby/birth books. Work has been so crazy that I've gotten really behind and I only have TEN WEEKS LEFT!!! I find the baby/birth/breastfeeding stuff fascinating, but I do miss other genres ;)! 

What I'm looking forward to: 
Seeing the baby in the clothes, carseat/stroller, on blankies/quilts, etc. Every time we get something, I get so excited picturing the baby actually using it.

What I'm not looking forward to: 
Using vacay time on my weekly doctor appts. Our sick time does not carry over, and accrues per paycheck. So even though I'll likely go to the doctor 3-4 times in January, I'll only have about 6 hours to use for January (my doc is an hour away from work). So of my week vacay I carried over, I'll have to use some of that instead of cashing it out when I quit. Boo!

Gender:
Still unknown! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Merry Christmas! Getting closer! And 22 pounds- that is fantastic!! I gained *gulp* 70lbs during my first pregnancy! And my best pregnancy was 40lbs....I'm just a big gainer when I'm having a baby! LOL!

    ReplyDelete