Thursday, November 22, 2012

What I Wore to Thanksgiving Dinner Link-up

So I haven't technically had dinner yet, but hubs is on his way home from work (bless his heart) and we should be heading out soon to my in laws for my first ever away from my parents Thanksgiving dinner. Want to know how it's going so far? Well, my pie was a giant flop, so hubs is bringing home a store bought pecan pie. Yep, I make awesome holiday impressions!

So I have to tell you, this is probably THE most formal Thanksgiving outfit I've ever worn. No joke. Are you ready for it?


This is a HUGE step up from what I normally wear to Thanksgiving dinner. Which is a clean pair of pajamas. Yep, I normally shower and put on a clean tshirt and jammy pants. It really aids in my dinner consumption. But alas, this year I had to be somewhat presentable for the in laws so this is what I picked. Mainly because you can't see my muffin top (no worries, it will appear after dinner). And this is partially why I don't generally participate in the What I Wore Sunday link up.... because I am very unconcerned with fashion. I'm sure you could tell that by my cardigan that is clearly meant for spring that I just pulled out of the closet for the first time after owning it for 2 years. 

And the SUPER exciting details because I know you are all going to run out to the store so you can recreate this fashion forward outfit! 

Cardigan- Target clearance
Shirt that I'm paranoid people will mistake for maternity clothing- Belk clearance
Trouser jeans- Target full price (cringe!)

Happy Thanksgiving! 

9 comments:

  1. ha!! you crack me up. So glad you linked up so that I could find your blog ... and I really love cardigans .... to a fault!!

    i made NOTHING today so at least you tried -- glad your hubs can come home for some of the day -- good luck at the in-laws!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add me to the cardi lovin' list. I have a zillion! Or at least wish I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too wore jeans to Thanksgiving dinner, but packed sweat pants just in case the jeans didn't cut it for the hour long car ride home.

    And also, pie is overrated. ;-) Hope it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love cardi's, can never go wrong there and I happen to think you can rock the pink whenever you want to! Lookin' good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did jeans for thanksgiving as well!!! i've also given up hiding my muffin top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! I also love tops that cover my muffin top, however, right now I can just say "oh, it is the baby bump."

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can never go wrong with a cardigan, although I think you'd like just fine without it, my dear....just sayin', just sayin' again. Glad you joined in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute!! love that over half of your outfit is a clearance buy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely..and I am with you with being comfy on Thanksgiving.

    Found you on Patton! :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete