Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Wedding Night (NSFW... Kidding!!!!!)

Here we are at 3.5 months married and I am *finally* getting around to posting more about the big day! I actually love doing these posts because it brings back such wonderful memories of a day that feels like it was forever ago! If you're new here, I wrote about wedding memoriesbachelorette day the rehearsal and rehearsal dinnerthe morning ofthe actual wedding part I, and part II, and the reception part I and part II.

So the reception ended and we were in our fancy ride on the way to the hotel. The top was down, the breeze was cool, and we felt like a million bucks. We were both glowing from the day (literally! we did a lot of dancing!) and were on the biggest emotional high. We held hands on the ride to the hotel and I think talked more about how we couldn't believe we were married, and enjoyed some waving and honking from passing cars. Now to lead up to my wedding night story, I have to explain to those of you who don't know that I am a super detailed planner and have some... ahem.... control issues. So I had planned out every detail of what needed to be packed in what bag, where that bag should be, when it should be there, well in advance of the wedding day. So when we walked through the front doors of the hotel to go to our room, all I could do was laugh lovingly at my brand new husband when he told me that the bag I had planned out so well, down to making sure he got a copy of the room key so I wouldn't have to worry about having something to carry mine in, he had accidentally left in my parents' car. Without our hotel key in it. So, there we were, newlyweds dressed to the nine's in the hotel lobby, waiting at a desk (with no employee present) to get a key so we could go up to our suite! This made for awkward laughter from us as we figured all the people passing by (and the maintenance man who had to go find an employee) were feeling bad for us being locked out of our room on our wedding night. It was pretty funny!




So we finally got the key made and got up to the room, and I made Steven take lots of pictures before we got undressed. In fact, I made him sit with me in our wedding clothes for quite a while. I knew once they came off (minds out of the gutter, people!) the wedding was officially, officially over and I was sad about being done with my dress! Plus, Steven looked so dang handsome in his tux. But finally, I relented. At that point, I called my parents to come get some stuff from our room that we didn't want to take on the honeymoon. I figured we might as well get that out of the way so we could have our privacy. Then my dad asked if I could pack up some of the leftover food I'd had for the bridesmaids that morning, because he and his relatives would be visiting in the hotel bar. It was no problem at all, but it sort of cracked me up. So, I packed up a tray of food (which I'm glad they ate because it would have been tossed) and they came up to get everything. Then they headed back down to the bar to meet some of our wedding guests for an 'after party'.



I believe it was at that point that Steven realized that he didn't have any shoes. The boy had no shoes! Just the ones that came with his tux, which of course we couldn't take on the honeymoon. Luckily, two of my bridesmaids were staying at the apartment that night, so I called and asked if they could bring us two pairs of his shoes. They came about 30 minutes later with the shoes, just in time for my vision to go blurry and me to become dizzy! My bridesmaid Jessica is in nursing school, so she sat me down, took my pulse and watched me for a bit. We determined that it was probably just the excitement of the day taking a toll on my body and I wasn't well hydrated. After giving Steven instructions to not let me poo by myself (I can't recall why, but I do remember thinking "awww, his first husbandly task... how lucky!"), they left. I was still feeling a bit off, so I laid in bed eating leftover cake while Steven went and took a shower. Yes, I can feel like crap and STILL have an appetite when it comes to cake. It was probably 20 minutes later that I looked over and saw one of their phones sitting on the coffee table in our room. It was like the biggest joke ever was being played on us that night, but luckily we found it fairly funny. So, I called the other bridesmaid repeatedly but wasn't getting any answer. It was at this point that I began to panic because we certainly couldn't take her phone to another country with us and we were leaving for the airport at 4am! So finally I called my mom's cell phone because I figured she would find a way to get the cell phone delivered. Well, come to find out, my bmaids didn't hear the one phone ring because they were hanging out in the hotel bar with my whole family, which I thought was both cute and hilarious. So I had been sitting upstairs fretting about the phone for like 30 minutes and the owner was right downstairs! So they came and got it and finally, FINALLY, it was just me and the hubs! It was a hilarious ending to an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment