Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book Review: Wherever Lily Goes

Remember when I reviewed Until Lily? Well right after I reviewed it, I jumped on the chance to read the second book in the trilogy, Wherever Lily Goes. Let's get the negative out of the way first. Don't worry; there is only one! It wasn't quite the page turner that the first book was. The first one, if you remember, I devoured in just a few days. This one took me longer at about two weeks. Don't get me wrong. The book was still very good! I think my favorite thing is that the book is written from the perspective of a different character, which keeps it fresh. In Wherever Lily Goes, we see the need for someone to step in and care for Lily after her adoptive mother has passed away (her adoptive mother is the voice of the first book). Her sister, Terry, takes on this role, and it majorly affects her marriage and family... but in a vastly different way than you would expect.   I love that the author keeps the material new and interesting by dealing with a new set of issues, and ones that you and I face in our daily lives and can use this book to draw from. This one had a lot more Catholic influence in it than the first one did, which I really enjoyed. As I've said before, it's really refreshing to read a book with a Catholic theme when you are someone trying to life out your faith in every day life. This book certainly does not disappoint in that area! I'm really excited to read and review the third and final book in the trilogy!





This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Wherever Lily Goes. They are also a great source for a baptism gifts or first communion gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment