Thursday, January 19, 2012

Upcoming Guest Post Series!

I want to host my very first guest post series. I've been thinking about it for a few weeks, and I haven't quit liking the idea yet so I might as well go for it! I would like to do a series called "A Day In the Life". I will take a day and hopefully 6 other people will take another day (so we will each have a specific day of the week). Each week, I will post one guest post (1st week Sunday, 2nd week Monday, etc) so we can get a glimpse into the lives of our fellow bloggers. This will show us a picture of each other that we may not typically see.

For example, I might seem like I have it all together... I've got wedding details so figured out that I barely mention it on my blog, I've got my future written out in pencil (not pen since I know God likes to make me use white-out when I do that), and I manage an awful lot of blogging per week to also keep up with the household duties and hold down a full time job. But guess what? I freak out very often about future financials (we are talking like once or twice a week), I spend a ridiculous amount of time on the computer somewhat obsessively researching things that won't happen for many months and sometimes many years instead of just living life, and my non-work life is only so awesomely maintained because I have the best fiance ever who doesn't believe in traditional gender roles when we are both working full time jobs (ie he kicks butt around the house because he knows it keeps my stress down). So what we see in someone's blog isn't always the full picture. We sometimes only see a more glamorized version of real life, because who wants to come to a blog with tons of whining? But this can sometimes lead to us pining for someone else's life or circumstances or talents or family or blog or... I could go on! While it's not a bad thing to appreciate what someone else has going on in their lives, I think not "really" knowing someone and only seeing one or a a few sides of their life can sometimes leave us idolizing them, which isn't good.

This is two fold though! Another reason why I want to do this series is because we might get ideas from each other that we normally wouldn't see from a typical blog post. For example, you might see a routine that someone does that makes total sense but you never would have thought of. Even better, you might read about something a fellow blogger does to incorporate their faith into their lives daily and end up adding that to your day as well. That's actually a part I'm most interested to learn about from fellow bloggers. Sometimes life gets busy and it can be easy to push the most important things aside, so I'm interested to see how people include things like novenas/rosaries/family prayer time/daily mass/etc into their day. Other people might be interested to learn how some of us fit housework into our day, or cooking every night, or what things we decide to push until another day in favor of something else. I think it'll be a great learning experience for everyone.

Interested? If so, let me know by way of emailing me at buttercup419@gmail.com. I'll assign you a day of the week, and you will actually write about that day. If there is a certain day you really want, let me know and I will try to accommodate you. The first week I will post Sunday (mine) actually on Sunday, then the next week Monday's post will get posted on Monday, and so on. So whoever gets the days toward the end of the week will have well over a month to get it done. Make sure to send a short bio and link to your blog so I can link back to it.

Write about your whole day from waking up to going to bed. Try to make it more narrative versus "7:00 am woke up, 7:10 used bathroom, 7:14 brushed teeth"... that would get old fast! You can include or exclude whatever you want, but give us a good idea of what "a day in the life" is like for you.

And because I want to make this extra fun, I'll be tying my very first giveaway to the guest post series. Whoever's guest post gets the most unique comments (meaning if a poster comments twice, it only counts once)  here at my blog will get A Catholic Woman's Book of Days by Amy Welborn. It's a year long book of devotionals that I thoroughly enjoyed last year!

11 comments:

  1. HAHA people wouldn't like mine "wake up at noon, go to bed at 4am" haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah but they might like to hear how you incorporate couponing into a regular day, or guests posts, certain features on your blog (like the Bible study), time to research it all etc.! :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah I waste way too much time in a day I'll think about it :)

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking about this the other day, wondering how people "do it all" as I played hooky from lab duties yesterday to tidy the house, do laundry, and cook dinner. I often feel like I could be more productive--I'd have to blog less though. :)

    I'd be happy to contribute for a Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks! I've got you down :). I will let you know when I actually start it (probably a week from this Sunday) and then you'll know you have a week until yours will go up.

      Delete
    2. Ok just did the scheduling and I have you down for Monday, February 13th. Just confirm with me that that date will work for you, because I couldn't figure out how to email you through your blog ;).

      Delete
  3. Hey nice name for your series :) hah
    not like I'm bias or anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I literally just left your blog and was like ".... something seems familiar" lol.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I'd love to give it a go! I always love reading about other people's lives! If you still have room, I'd be happy to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in, if you still have a space. I'm afraid It'd be boring (work & all) but it would be fun to participate in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd happily join if you're interested and/or still have a spot. :)

    ReplyDelete