Monday, December 19, 2011

YAY #2 for the day!

Annnnnd this day just got better! My NFP practitioner recommended that I go ahead and try to schedule an appointment with a doctor who knows Creighton and is becoming NaPro certified since we know I'll probably have some issues. She said that when she has recommended her before, there has been a waiting list or she just isn't accepting new patients, so I was prepared to give a sob story if needed lol! But I just called and got an appointment for February, so I am so excited!!!!! I am so glad to not have to go back to my regular obgyn who, while she is very nice, is all about using the pill for PCOS and I was already guessing she'd roll her eyes at me going off the pill and using NFP. It will be so nice to not have to explain Creighton to the doctor as I've read many people have had to do. Sooo glad she takes my insurance and is accepting new patients! For any of you local ladies, her name is Dr. Amy Bruton at Raleigh OBGYN Centre.

5 comments:

  1. I've just heard about Dr. Bruton recently. I'm thinking of switching to her after our baby is born. I don't really want to argue with my obgyn about my "confusing" decision not to go on birth control after the birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...interesting. I am also in Raleigh and wondering about a new doctor. I am not in the position of using NFP any time soon (not married or even dating), but I am still not interested in dealing with doctors and birth control.

    I've been lurking since I found your blog about two weeks ago. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could really get started whenever you wanted. I actually wish I would have done it a way long time ago because there is SO much info on your cycle, your body that you get from it. I don't think there would be anything weird about a single person doing NFP because then you are totally aware of your body and how to use NFP when the time does come. You could always see a pro-life/napro doctor before using it just so you have the connection in the future when you start :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra, yes, exactly! My obgyn is really a pill pusher and I have no desire to deal with that! You can make appts pretty far out so you may want to schedule it in a month or two for after the baby is here so she doesn't fill up again. I'll give you the dirt on her in February ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the process of writing a guest post on learning about nfp way before marriage/for single people. It's a wip still.

    I agree I have recently learned about NAPRO doctors and def. will need to find one in my area. I have also suggested my sister going to one she's been having cycle issues and refuses to go to the dr bc she knows all they will try and do is put her on the pill and she HATES the pill (mainly bc it makes her really emotional and "feel weird"). But until we get health ins that won't really be happening but I'm glad to know there are doctors willing to help us :)

    ReplyDelete