Saturday, December 24, 2011

Mini Vent

I'm venting here so that I can let it go and be joyful. At mass at my dad's church tonight there was not only clapping on three different occasions, but the priest sang, and had the congregation follow, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. Yes, he gave a good homily, but it was hard to get past the fact that he started it with a Santa Claus song. Eeeek. So that I'm not coming off as completely critical, he is so full of energy and has the most beautiful voice. It's refreshing to see a priest be SO excited about mass. But... I really, really wish there was no clapping in mass! And I really, really wish there was no mention of Santa at mass!

Ahh, now I can push that out of my brain and think of baby Jesus in the manger!  Merry Christmas!!!!

My mom's cat deconstructing the present I put under the tree for my sister-in-law. Yes, she is IN it.

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the reasons I've stopped going to the 4pm "childrens" masses on christmas eve. It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes I feel like these people are "trying to make church fun for kids on xmas" but it usually looks like a big MESS :(

    I am not convinced "clapping" during mass is EVER going to go away. People clapped at the end at my church too. The thing that bugs me is when the choir sings some random song not in the hymnals I like to sing along! That just makes me feel like I'm at a concert. Christmas is one of the few days your allowed to sing xmas carols at church sing a song I know! (okay that was my christmas rant)

    But that is crazy I've never seen a church sing a santa song during mass or the priest do it...:(

    ReplyDelete